JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: O!P Water10 - BE ALL RIGHT!

Author Topic: Alive among the dead [Mayuki, Multipairing] - Chapter 1 (17/7/2018)  (Read 383 times)

Offline Kyuartz

• Member+
Author's note:
Hi everyone. I am new in writing here, so please be kind to me. All this time, I've been reading numerous fanfics here and now I am thinking on why not contributing as well. How fast I'll be updating, I am not sure but I'll do my best in keeping a regular update as I am pretty busy for most of the time and at the same time praying that I won't get a writer block on further chapters.
So, I decided to post a prologue and hopefully you guys could comment on it whether I should continue it or not. Of course, constructive criticism is welcome.
One of the most important thing is that:
All of this is a work of fiction and if there's any similarities of characters or story, all of that is unintentional (too many stories that I haven't read here, so a bit of similarity on it are bound to happen)

Prologue

Somewhere in an unknown isolated island, inside an unknown building.
“Activate the emergency protocol.” The general shouted among the crowd, hoping the news reached the lab at the certain level of the institution before going back to control the situation. One guard directly made a call towards the lab and it's soon picked up by a female.
“Miss Iriyama, we gotta go.” One of the guards told the scientist who was picking up the phone as the news on what’s going on the upper level had been heard.
“Wait a moment.” The girl named Anna said, as she rushed to the project she was doing and pushed the button of the keypad that was located on the glass panel of a huge glass chamber, pressing the password before the ‘enter’ button. The glass chamber opened up and freed the woman inside of it.
“Get out fast. They’ll reach here soon.” The guard shouted in panic to the scientist who was waiting for her project to wake up.
“My priority is you. If she isn’t going to wake up, we should leave.” The guard gave Anna a warning.
When Anna was going to turn around, the woman who was her project, opened her eyes and got out of the chamber.
“It’s been a while…” The woman said, rather cheerfully.
“Talk later, for now we gotta go.” Anna cut off the words that the female going to say and dragged the female out as they made a run towards the emergency purpose elevator with guards following behind them, stalling the incoming.

In another level of the building
“Let’s go Rena.”
“You’re not going to activate her?” The girl named Rena said, looking at the female inside of the glass chamber with the look that no one could comprehend.
“Better be fast, guys.” The guard told the two females as they were shooting towards the incoming.
“We got no time, Rena.” The female pulled Rena’s arm but Rena didn’t budge as she was still looking at the female inside of the glass chamber.
“Please, Oshima.” Rena shook her head as if she had just said the wrong words. “No. Please, Yuko. I don’t want her to die here.”
“But…” Yuko herself also wasn’t quite sure she wanted to leave the female there.
The guards soon pulled the two female out of the laboratory, taking them to safety before they could do anything.

Somewhere in Tokyo
“Mayu, stay at home and lock the door. Make no sound. I’ll be there soon.” The lady over the phone said.
“Okay. Be here fast.” Mayu answered as she went to lock her door, closing the windows and turned off the TV and also other things that can make any sound.
“I promise, I will. Until then, don’t go anywhere.”
[/size]

« Last Edit: July 18, 2018, 06:51:38 PM by Kyuartz »

Offline arfi

• your fic make my imagination runs wild..!?
  • ecchi
  • silent reader?! Atsumina♥ Saeyuki♥
Re: Alive among the dead - Prologue (28/5/2018)
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2018, 07:36:04 PM »
new stories..interesting  :whistle:
keep going!!  :on gay: :on gay:

Offline Haruko

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: Alive among the dead - Prologue (28/5/2018)
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2018, 07:47:03 PM »
Hahaha ok.. you are so cruel with that names in every line I swich the image of every girl like Anna (Murashi Anna, Ishida Anna, Ijiri Anna or iriyama anna), and about Rena also I don´t know wich Rena (Nozawa Rena, Matsui Rena, Hasegawa Rena, kawakami rena or Kato rena) I need to create in my imagination.
Follow me
http://haruko48.tumblr.com/

MY FANFIC
Surprise Gift ║ Kai x Atsuko
http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=34484.0

Offline Kyuartz

• Member+
Re: Alive among the dead [Mayuki, Multipairing] - Chapter 1 (17/7/2018)
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2018, 10:16:21 AM »
Author's Note:
Sorry for the extremely long wait for the first chapter which I need to divide into two parts, I guess. I'm a bit busy lately, so yeah. So in this chapter, I would be presenting a few members that you guys had known too well and hopefully you guys will enjoy this chapter as much as I am enjoying writing it. And don't forget that this is a work of fiction. So things might be coincidentally similar to others or at least have the same idea since I might be inspired by some fictions or movies that I've read or watched.

@arfi: hopefully you'll enjoy this new chapter
@haruko: well... For Anna I've mentioned it very clearly. Haha. you just don't pay attention to it very clearly. For Rena, I guess, you should just stay tune. Although it won't be too hard to guess since if you realised the fit I'm commenting, you'll know who she was. Hint: I'll be using famous members for now :)

Chapter 1 – Smoke

I

Tokyo, Shibuya. 12.30 pm

Just like any other day, Shibuya, the shopping area of Tokyo, always crowded with people. People came there to buy things to follow the newest trend, doing some window shopping or simply to spend time with their friends and family. Nothing was out of ordinary at all. Stores were crowded, cafes were full with people chatting and eating.

Suddenly, the sky turned dark and no one expected anything, thinking that it just might be raining soon or it’s just cloud and it would be gone in a while. However, it wasn’t dark cloud, it’s more like a mist, coming closer to the most crowded shopping district in Japan. How it was formed? Where it came from? No one knew for sure. This thing still hadn’t caught anyone’s attention at that moment, until…

“Mommy, look.” A kid pointed to the mist that was coming closer to them and also people ran around. Instinctively the mother picked her child up and made a run together with the people, looking for a safe place.

As the mist came closer, people started to realize that it was a dark smoke, thinking that buildings were in fire to cause such smoke. People started scrambling around, joining the previous crowd, running to the opposite way of where the smoke coming from till they realized apparently they were surrounded by smoke. People started coughing, entering the nearby building that they could find. They just hoped that they didn’t catch carbon monoxide poisoning and the smoke would be gone soon. It definitely caused a panic in the earlier calm day.

Breaking news
As you could see behind me, dark smoke could be seen covering the area behind me. It is said that the wind will bring the smoke towards Shinjuku and whether it will dissipate or not is still unknown as well as where the smoke is coming from. Authorities starts to work on this. We will report the news after there’s a further update.

People were standing on the hall and also the hallway, crowding around the TV that was showing the hottest news of the day, trying to look at the TV. The news was mentioning about the unusual phenomenon that happened that day, something that was sort of rare to happen in such a peaceful country.

A female cladded in white coat, colourful pens were arranged neatly inside the coat pocket on her chest with a badge clipped on the front part of the pocket, written doctor Watanabe Mayu. The doctor was standing among the crowd, watching the TV with concern written all over her face. She hoped that nothing serious would happen to the people that were trapped in the smoke and that it would be gone really quickly.

People were still standing watching over the news, looking whether there would be a new update about it. People were wondering if this was a type of a natural disaster, an accident or even worst and act of terrorism. People prayed for the good according to their own beliefs as they stood there. Meanwhile, the doctor was the first person to step away among the crowd, however she stopped walking when she heard a new update coming from the TV.

Apparently, this incident doesn’t happen only in Japan but also other major countries, USA, England, Australia and there are still others that are still unknown and waited to be reported. The cause is still being investigated by the authorities behind me as they start to set up to get into the smoke. This incident isn’t only located in Shibuya, Tokyo but also in other part of Japan such as Hokkaido, Fukushima, Nagano, Osaka, Hiroshima, Kagawa and Fukuoka. Number of victims are still unknown but there are indeed some survivors that managed to get out of the smoke and are treated by paramedics. No serious injuries found on the survivors, just some scratches and bruises. We will report the improvement of this incident after we have more updates on it.

People could let out a slight sigh of relief from knowing there were survivors but the unknown numbers of victims or what was going on inside the smoke and also the number of countries and prefectures that were affected by it was indeed had become a huge concern. All of them had this incomprehensible look on their face as they were busy with their own thoughts about it.

The doctor didn’t stay long after she heard a new update from the news. She had the same look like how those people in the hallway was, although soon it turned into worry and concern as she thought about someone. She needed to walk away to contact someone that was dear to her as she knew that person would be jumping head first into incident like this and tend to make her worried. However, the doctor wouldn’t stop the other person as she was the person that understood the latter the most, the young soldier that was already on site as she could see from the news preview earlier. Both of them were basically on the line of job where selfishness should be put at the last place.

Mayu pulled her phone out and unlocked her phone, going through her contact and went to the first name that she last contacted. Kashiwagi Yuki, the name that came up to the screen as she started dialing the number and waited for it to be connected, hoping she could catch up with the soldier before Yuki went into the smoke.

Honestly, prior to this incident, Mayu had just had a huge fight with Yuki and now they sort of in a cold war. All of that was because Yuki made a complain on how Mayu always came so late after surgeries and always busy and so in a split second, evertything that Mayu had kept bottled up, selfishness, insecurities and worries finally burst up and she snapped at Yuki for not coming home for weeks because of Yuki’s missions that were always confidential. Mayu knew she should be more understanding about it but sometimes, she just couldn’t help it when she couldn’t even know where her girlfriend whereabouts was. Until now, Mayu still hoped that Yuki would at least tell her that because she deserved that. However, her concern for Yuki was bigger than her pride now, so she wouldn’t turn off this phone call until the soldier picked up.

After a few beeps coming from the phone that was pressed against her ears, which she thought would end up in her girlfriend’s voicemail, like how mostly did. Surprisingly, this time it didn’t when Mayu heard voices coming from the other line, what was said was undecipherable. She heard instruction, people talking in a slightly panic tone, siren until the voice of her lover came through the phone.

“Mayu? Are you okay?” Yuki asked and from her voice could be heard concern for the doctor.

“I’m okay. I’m more worried of you though.” Mayu spoke out her concern, not even remembered of the cold war they had before all this. “I know I won’t be able to ask you anything about your work, but just be careful, okay?”

“Thanks, Mayu.” Mayu could hear relief and appreciation on Yuki’s voice. Although Yuki didn’t say much about it but Mayu had known Yuki long enough to know about it.

“We’ll talk more later, once we’re done with work. Hopefully things wouldn’t be that bad.”

“Yeah.” Yuki weakly answered as if she was really troubled with it and from what Mayu had sensed from the way Yuki answered her, her girlfriend wanted to tell her more but she couldn’t.

“Gotta go now, Mayu. I’ll call you again once I’m done with work.” Yuki said in hurry as Mayu could also hear someone calling for Yuki among the sound of a lot of people talking.

“Be safe.” Mayu quickly said before the call ended but she knew her message was perfectly delivered to her lover.

Secret facility in an island of the northern sea of Japan. Some time after the smoke incident.

“Yo, Anna.” A petite female on her ponytail and military uniform walked into the laboratory casually before sitting on the bed provided. She had heard about the news on what happened in the main shopping district and some other part in Japan and also the world. Basically she knew all of the news, the matter was just whether the higher authorities were going to dispatch them or not.

“Hey, Takamina.” Iriyama Anna, the scientist who was busy in the laboratory of her robotic answered in a quiet and calm tone. She was one of the best scientists that the facility had, especially when it’s related to biology and robotics. she had been working there for quite some time and enjoying her work experimenting on things that people had never seen before and she had also seen some that beyond one’s imagination in the facility that other scientists were working on or some were like the ones that could only be seen in the science fiction movies or comic books. The slight disadvantage that she had was, she rarely could go outside the island. The only time she could, was when she took vacation. But lucky enough the island was really beautiful as the nature was kept intact so whenever she was bored, she could still go outside and have a little walk.

“How’s everything?” Anna walked closer to Takamina and started her examination on Takamina’s robotic arms and legs.

“Pretty good. Everything is alright. Of course, it’s a lot better now, in comparison to the first ones that I had back in those years. Not to mention, you’ve installed more gadgets into my new arms and legs and all those work just fine although I haven’t tried all of those.” Takamina answered with a soft chuckle, commenting on the new robotic arms and legs that were installed a few weeks ago.

“Try using the techs for combat too since we never know when you are going to be deployed.” Anna jotted a few things in the chart, looking on what she could upgrade or making better after looking at the robotic arms and legs. “We don’t want a malfunction arms or legs when you are fighting.”

“I’ll make sure to check those out later on.” Takamina said before she looked at the glass door as she saw a familiar young general walking towards the door before knocking on it.

“Come in.” Takamina and Anna said at the same time before the door swung open and the young general walked in with a frown on her face. Takamina obviously knew what was bothering the young general.

The young general stood in front of Takamina and saluted. Takamina shook her head and waved her hand, clearly mentioning to the young general not to be bothered by small detail like that as the young general couldn’t dismiss the habit of not being too formal around her. Basically the young general was one with the highest authority in that place that was why she asked the young general to be less formal around her, besides all she had for the seniority was just in term of age.

“Told you not to be formal around me, Yui.” Takamina playfully scolded.

“But…” the moment Takamina heard that she raised one of her eyebrows, clearly didn’t want to argue about this.

“There’s a problem in several prefectures and I don’t really like the look of it.” Yui could be seen having her eyebrows creased from all the stress. Somehow the young general had bad feelings about this.

“I wonder why the government hasn’t sent us.” Yui continued with a frown on her face, she couldn’t wait to go there and see by herself and helped out as much as she could although she knew most probably she would be asked to stay and sent her agents instead, knowing that she was the leader in that place and needed to stay to keep things in order.

“They have their own consideration, Yui. Somehow for this case, I hope that they’ll never need our help though. Cause if they did, it means that it is really the worst case that we could ever imagine.” Takamina answered with a sigh. She wasn’t the type of person who showed her thoughts much. She was more of the person who tried to figure it out by herself and honestly when she saw the news and also footages from the security cameras around the affected areas, it gave her a really terrible feeling, like she was gutted inside. So she pretty much understood what Yui was feeling right now.

“You’re right.” Yui’s voice was solemn and the room turned quiet once again as the three were deep in thoughts. All that could be heard was the sound of machine, whirring and beeping in the room.

The three understood pretty well what it was meant if the agents in the facility got deployed and in worst case scenario would be the emergency protocol which they hoped that they would never need to activate it. Most of the time they got deployed was when things were really serious and the government didn’t know how to handle and would create a lot of chaos. Although during the time of calm, it didn’t mean that they didn’t do anything and just sitting down, idling. Yui and her team always monitor the condition of all Japan, and also connecting with other countries secret defense team. Sometimes the facility also sent their agents to some cases that was out of the jurisdiction of all authorities or if they saw the threat first and no one was handling it. If not, they would also be requested help by the authorities as their facility had the best agents and also equipment, for sure things that others had never seen before.

to be continued.......

PS. I used Takamina in this fic instead of her full name, it's easier for me to type. Hope you guys don't mind. there might be a few mistakes in this chapter since I haven't done the editing but I hope it's not too much.

Offline anzai4648

Re: Alive among the dead [Mayuki, Multipairing] - Chapter 1 (17/7/2018)
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2018, 11:06:55 AM »
Woooah.....Yuki is a soldier, and Yui is a general!
And Takamina is a super soldier! LOL
Well, my guess is, because it's Yuko, it must be Matsui Rena. And the female inside the glass chamber must be Matsui Jurina. But of course if you decide to use another pairings (not WMatsui) it's still fine for me too, as long as we have MaYuki. LOL

Thank you.
Update soon.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2018, 05:58:41 PM by anzai4648 »

JPHiP Radio (10/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: O!P Water10 - BE ALL RIGHT!