JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ailee - Into the Storm (feat. Verbal Jint)

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 496183 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #3320 on: February 08, 2012, 09:53:33 AM »
FUCK! Lakers can't do shit on the road. Kobe becomes 5th all time in NBA Scoring but he can't carry the load if geeks like Kapaono can't knock down a shot or grab a rebound. I agree Ron

SSSSSHit you hate to see it. but to see Billups go down like he been shot.

IT'S LIN-SANITY!!!

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #3321 on: February 09, 2012, 12:09:27 AM »
If Lin pans out as the point guard they need (or if they kept Billups) then we have more competition in the east.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3322 on: February 10, 2012, 10:03:52 AM »
when I saw him do work for Golden State, gotta like how he hustles, lakers almost got him in the summer league. there's a reason why he been getting the hype - it's East Coast media hyping shit up again lol Kobe will take care of him tonight :yep:

BUT GOTTA SAY where the Wiz defense? Wall just looks stupid.

And is it just me or does LINSANITY have some kinda skin hanging on his chin? XD I thought it was a necklace.

Sixers and Spurs having some solid seasons, tight D. Parker on Fire. L-san must be whoopin it somewhere :/

BUT DAMN Big 3 Kobe, Gasol, Bynum BLOCK PARTY!!! gets it taken care of in Boston love it. but shit Mike Brown wins no homo moment of the year

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3323 on: February 11, 2012, 03:30:04 AM »
^ Celtics as usual, can't be outdone:

FUCK! Put a Metta World Peace on Lin and knock dat Chin Skin off his fucking face :lol: Jacking up dem shots :tama-mad: The Lakers are lucky to be down by only 8. To a Knicks team without Melo and Amare. How much more sad does this season have to get before Jim and Mitch get some TALENT on this team.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #3324 on: February 11, 2012, 05:37:31 AM »
WTF? When did he change his name to Metta World Peace? I was like  :? when the announcers kept saying that then I saw it was on his jersey too. XD

Bal-LIN Wow at the end there it was Kobe and Lin show going back and forth.

I wonder what the Knicks are gonna do when Melo and Davis come back.

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #3325 on: February 11, 2012, 11:53:30 AM »
As an Taiwanese American living in LA(Don't let my grammar fool you, I was actually born in the States lol), I gotta say I felt really conflicted about the result.  My boi Jeremy Lin lit up my Lakers with 38 points, most points a Knicks has scored against the Lakers in MSG for the past 25 years.  Pretty impressive stuff!  What I really like most about this kid is he is EXTREMELY humble, always crediting his team.  At this rate Knicks may not even need Amare or Melo anymore lol

... So uh, Melo and Amare please come to LA? You are not needed in NYK anymore! XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3326 on: February 13, 2012, 12:02:24 AM »
lol zoo, like during the summer, but he's been having regrets XD i like the asian lady at the end here:

Me too fobmysterio, Me Lakers NATION in my veins but I'm all for supporting Asians in the NBA but man the more I watch  D'antoni's Pringles SYSTEM the more I'm like :tama-mad: all that flopping and throwing yourself at the big men to get a call. Lin deserves better. But good for him get the PRESS show em CHINESE peoples know how to ball. But look at this idiot at MSG XD 5 rings vs 5 wins in a row

Also helps that Fish and Blake were bricking the whole time XD Kobe made it close tho! Coulda been 5-1 on this Grammy's TRIP LUCKY FOR US THERE'S

ซุดย๋อด! KOBE SYSTEM!!

LMFAO Raptors getting screwed on that in ball time count violation. WELL u gotta hit the shot too. FUCK EM!!! It's fun to see Raptors fan clapping when they made it close. HEY! You at a basketball game not a ballet recital!! Bout time something POSITIVE happened to the Lakers, never FUCKING doubt the Black Mamba! somewhere Mark Cuban is whining like a lil bitch.

Offline fobmysterio

• Member+
  • 俺が誰だと思ってやがる!
« Reply #3327 on: February 13, 2012, 05:48:33 AM »
The whole Jeremy Lin thing is getting a little outta hand, I support him and all, I got really excited to see him doing so well, but I'm not about to get ahead of myself and declare him better than Kobe. But it seems like quite a few of my people (Taiwanese/Chinese whatever) are already claiming he's better than Kobe, though they just started watching basketball since Lin's 3rd start for the Knicks.  I have never seen a more ridiculous bandwagon since Celtics got KG and Rayray.

Lin 2012: 5 straight games with 20+ points
Kobe 2012:  Averages 29 points per game.  4 straight games with 40+ points w/ injured wrist,

Lin's Career: 5 straight games with 20+ points
Kobe's Career:  Averages 24+ per game in 13 years, 1 MVP, 2 Finals MVP, 5 Rings, Ranked 5th in total points scored in NBA History.

Come on, the achievements is not even close!

« Last Edit: February 15, 2012, 09:24:08 AM by fobmysterio »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #3328 on: February 15, 2012, 06:56:41 AM »

i'm impressed. Man, too many asians in T.O. Made it sound like a NY home game.

Damn Craptors! since 1995 they've never learned how to hang on to leads. They always fall in the 4th quarter =P DeRozan... dude is so inconsistent. He also can't shoot... and he's plays 2. I think they were trying to make him the next go-to guy, but he couldn't handle the pressure. Now they're playing a more rounded effort.

Bargs is dope though, finally. It always takes long for bigmen to develop though. Can't wait to see the Big V (Valanciunas) in a raptor uniform too.

I like Lin and what he's done for NY. But he's not a super awesome player... yet. He still has a lot to work on.
word.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #3329 on: February 15, 2012, 07:58:38 AM »
Saw this. Spanish Linquisition?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3330 on: February 15, 2012, 10:02:36 AM »
lol fob, don't worry nobody can touch Kobe's Rings. FUCK we been talking about NBA PLAYER OF THE WEEK Lin for years!! http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=91.2880 He was ballin summer league. He coulda went to the Lakers but Lin opted for a multiyear deal with the Warriors. I think I remember JTRI squealing for Joy when he signed lol.

lol oh man TONIGHT, it was a comedy classic 1 on 5 Raptors Offense = Knicks Defense? I support Lin 100% (except when he plays the Lakers) but that was so bad haha. You could see it a mile away that he was gonna get his. put a hand in his face, double team SHIT lol. LINDERELLA STORY OF THE CENTURY! dudes got ONIONS for just taking it to the hole but he was struggling, turning it over, until those last few shots. I like that about him, keep shooting and driving.

Raptors out rebounded, outshot and they still lose. FOLDED LIKE A LAWN CHAIR! :lol: Amare got what? 8 rebounds? Knicks Fan is afraid Melo coming back will fuck up the chemistry. Media is hyping him to be the next Tebow with his faith.

Too much East Coast media hype tho. There really isn't much interest for the NBA after the lockout, like what they gonna talk about Lebron's hairline? XD XD

Who even remembers The Heatles? Chris Bosh had to save Lebron from another "Blame it on Lebron" douchebag moment:

But it's disturbing when you got idiots like Jason Witlock and Floyd Mayweather dropping race card in this. Like shit. Anyone talk about Yao Ming's dick size? Fuck.

Well, for once (maybe) Ron Artest going twitter crazy calling Mike Brown a video room guy :lol: but then goes off knocking threes. slamming the shit outta the ball picking up KOBE!!! man Lakers almost lost again lol

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #3331 on: February 16, 2012, 12:29:55 AM »
lol oh man TONIGHT, it was a comedy classic 1 on 5 Raptors Offense = Knicks Defense? I support Lin 100% (except when he plays the Lakers) but that was so bad haha. You could see it a mile away that he was gonna get his. put a hand in his face, double team SHIT lol.

Amare got what? 8 rebounds? Knicks Fan is afraid Melo coming back will fuck up the chemistry.

It's only basic basketball. You know they are gonna go to Lin so make it pass it up and have someone else beat you. There wasn't an issue I don't think with Lin and Amare since Amare has been running pick and rolls for his entire career. Melo is the biggest issue the Knicks have now (don't forget Baron Davis is coming back eventually too) and I do think they can make it work. Melo doesn't have to run pick and pops with Lin but Melo can hit mid-range jumpers all day. Have Melo run off a screen or two, Lin catches him coming around and all of a sudden, the Knicks have something going. (Also, Amare getting 8 rebounds doesn't sound that crazy if you see that he averages 8.8 rebounds for his career)

I like Lin and what he's done for NY. But he's not a super awesome player... yet. He still has a lot to work on.

He went 9-20 shooting and had 8 turnovers. That has to get better. John Stockton wasn't the most prolific shooter but when he did shoot, he usually made them count. 8 turnovers for a team is bad so having 8 for one person is madness.

The whole Jeremy Lin thing is getting a little outta hand, I support him and all, I got really excited to see him doing so well, but I'm not about to get ahead of myself and declare him better than Kobe. But it seems like quite a few of my people (Taiwanese/Chinese whatever) are already claiming he's better than Kobe, though they just started watching basketball since Lin's 3rd start for the Knicks.  I have never seen a more ridiculous bandwagon since Celtics got KG and Rayray.

Very true. But Lin has made the Knicks more relevant now (Amare and Melo going to NY was the start) and he's exciting the Asian community. Yeah, saying he's better than Kobe is absurd but this only bodes well for the league.

As a basketball fan, I can't help but be happy. Lin is helping the Knicks to matter again in the NBA. There's good parody in the game right now.

You have OKC gaining steam out West, the Spurs are quietly hanging on to the 2nd seed, (To be honest, I kinda forgot about the Spurs too  XD) CP3 back in MVP-caliber form, Minnesota, who I thought should have been contracted has gotten Rubio and that team now has made passing contagious. Kevin Love should be starting in the all star game. (Seriously. What do you lose if you push Blake Griffin to the bench? He can still entertain in the game dunking on everyone) And obviously, Kobe is still dangerous for any team.

Out East, Miami and Chicago are still top 2. But Philly and Indiana are sleeper picks. They can give any team in the league a run. If the Knicks can get things together (and I'm hoping they do) then all of a sudden you have a stacked East. Fuck. I'm getting excited just writing this up.

Combine all of that with the amount of quality point guards in the game right now: CP3 (still my money on best PG out there), Rose (Reigning MVP), Deron Williams, Rondo, Westbrook, Tony Parker, Steve Nash, Rubio is coming into his own, Kyrie Irving has potential, Brandon Jennings has upped his game, check out Kyle Lowry down in Houston, John Wall has skill, hes just stuck in Washington right now, so we are seeing a great time for PGs, that's even without wondering if Lin pans out for the Knicks. (And I didn't even mention Jason Kidd or Mike Conley)

Yeah, this year due to the lockout the quality of basketball might not be up there, but with so many storylines and and the PG boom, we are witnessing one fun-ass season. Now if we contract down to 26 teams, then we hit the motherload.

Fuck, that was a lot to say. I'll go back wishing the Sonics come back.

Speaking of the Sonics, The Glove saw Linsanity coming first:

http://www.oregonlive.com/beavers/index.ssf/2012/02/oregon_state_beavers_basketbal_63.html

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3332 on: February 17, 2012, 08:49:49 AM »
Lin is HUGE compared to the typical point these days. 200 pounds. The turnovers is all The D'Antoni System. Nash was giving up the ball in that free wheeling and dealing system.

As a basketball fan, I can't help but be happy. Lin is helping the Knicks to matter again in the NBA. There's good parody in the game right now.

One helluva parody here :P I love the geek hiding the iphone.

WE ARE EMPOWERED ASIAN BROTHERS. I hope he has a good game in Boston, Dallas, San Antonio, Chicago and Miami to shut up doubters. A great story, how many 2nd generation Asians can afford to go to Harvard?  But that being said, hey, breaks the stereotypes that "Asians gotta be doctors and engineers."

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3333 on: February 19, 2012, 11:22:56 AM »
You just knew something like this would happen with Linsanity getting his first loss, yeah a sloppy game with shitty Hornets but Monty Williams is nails on defense... I hear it all the time. When was the last time someone wore armour? Butt ESPN Really? Any Respect is now gone. :fuckyou:

No wonder Fox calls em "The Four Letter" :tama-mad: :tama-mad:

Lakers finally rolling but shit man, Pau clicking like VTB said something to him! But [noembed][/noembed]

I want the Steve Nash System!!

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3334 on: February 21, 2012, 02:41:56 AM »
^ The best part of last night was when Nash bounced the ball off another teammates grill XD this time Gortat CLASSIC! The clip goes from LA down by just 3 (15-12) with 5:30 left to play in the 1st. Then jumps to 33-16 with 1:15 left in the first!  Seriously!? An 18-4 run in 4 minutes? No heart and or discipline on this team. Not much has changed, and if it has, it's for the worse.

In Kobe. We TRUST. Just going off in support of his Brother Pau. LOYALTY SON. "I wish management would come out and either trade him or not trade him. It’s just tough for a player to give his all when you don’t know if you’re going to be here tomorrow. I’d rather them not trade him at all. If they’re going to do something, I wish they would just (expletive) do it. If they’re not going to do it, come out and say you’re not going to do it. This way he can be comfortable, he can go out, he can play and he can invest all of himself into the game.” Just mouth along him swearing here:

All about the name on the FRONT of your jersey.

AND WHERE ALL THE LINSANITY. Right here. Durant 51, Westbrook 40, Ibaka triple double... Holy Smokes!! and we talking Linsanity. GET USED TO IT! Beats talking about Little Orphan Annie and his fuckin Kia commercials, the fuck do they mean? He so smart?

Fuck. That was a weak job ESPN, firing one writer and suspending 30..ah whatever. I woulda said boycott ESPN but I don't watch or go to their site for news anyways XD and mute Breen and Balki when they do games.

Shit Lamar where the fuck did u go? Mavs defense is fuckin overrated, they just a 3 point shooting team.

BACK to where it all started vs the Nets. Looks like Baron AND Melo be back. Good luck! I like this digging up his past works, maybe they'll find our thread!

This photo taken on May 28, 2011 shows US basketball player Jeremy Lin (C) playing in a friendly match at the Pinghu middle school where his grandmother has donated to the school fund, in Pinghu, his family's ancestral home in eastern China's Zhejiang province. National Basketball Association star Jeremy Lin made a public plea on February 19, 2012 for reporters in Taiwan to respect the privacy of his family members there, as this NBA legend-in-the-making Lin, US-born and bred, is the latest hit in Taiwan, a society craving for a true hero in an age of false role models.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3335 on: February 23, 2012, 06:20:25 AM »
GO LAKERS GO!!

phhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhew Flagrants. FTs. WHATEVER.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3336 on: February 23, 2012, 10:15:54 AM »
FISH!!!

Looks like players only meeting paid off. They looked like they were having fun for once. Not all gloom and doom. Gasol looking great. Kobe a TRUE LEADER for having his back. Gotta take out all that negative vibes. Buss Family Fiasco and shit. Bynum the way he taking LOB CITY like that Hoooooly shit I'm watching it over and over ....so fucking good. AND ON THE ROAD. this is key.

HACK A METTA XD XD

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #3337 on: February 26, 2012, 04:27:20 AM »

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #3338 on: February 26, 2012, 05:18:22 AM »
Stupid dunk contest, why you make me so disappointed?
Failing 10 attempts, then settling on a lame dunk just makes me sad.

That, and maybe the fact that no one knows who these players are!
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #3339 on: February 26, 2012, 07:46:08 AM »
oh man really. That was just so sad. Watching that now. That's what you get when you get all these corporate sponsors and big stars not willing to get hurt.

at least we got Hall of Fame nominees

The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame announced today, at NBA All-Star Weekend in Orlando, an elite list of players, coaches, an official and one team as the 12 finalists from the North American and Women’s committees to be considered for election in 2012. The recognition of being honored as a Hall of Fame finalist is a career highlight in the sport of basketball. This year’s list includes four first-time finalists: five-time NBA All-Star Reggie Miller, five-time NCAA Final Four coach Rick Pitino, two-time NBA Coach of the Year Bill Fitch and two-time Olympic gold medalist Katrina McClain. Previous finalists included again this year for consideration are Maurice Cheeks, Bernard King, Dick Motta, Don Nelson, Hank Nichols, Ralph Sampson, Jamaal Wilkes and the All American Red Heads. The Class of 2012 will be unveiled at the NCAA Final Four in April.

via http://www.hoophall.com/news/2012/2/24/naismith-memorial-basketball-hall-of-fame-announces-12-final.html

Gotta be Bernard King!

IS IT CHRISTMAS?!

JPHiP Radio (19/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ailee - Into the Storm (feat. Verbal Jint)