JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ailee - Into the Storm (feat. Verbal Jint)

Author Topic: Official NBA Thread  (Read 496182 times)

Offline Saburo

• 愛の戦士
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Karaoke is my life
    • Tanikaze
    • Tanikaze
"Never Has Being a Sports Fan Felt So Stupid"
« Reply #2860 on: July 10, 2010, 01:40:52 AM »
Will Leitch was dead on about all the crap from Thursday.  What a mess.

Offline Mugen

• Chan Ho Nam Jr.
  • Member+
Re: Official NBA Thread
« Reply #2861 on: July 10, 2010, 02:38:57 AM »
the whole hour press conference thing was made because the proceedings go to charity. so its not really a bad thing..

who shouldve known this would be coming?

!

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #2862 on: July 10, 2010, 06:42:03 AM »
want more LeBron bashing from Cleveland?

read this on ESPN ticker just now: the GM who runs Fathead(the life-size wall stickers), slashed the LeBron wall stickers from almost 100 bucks to 17.41, the year Benedict Arnold was born..wonder who's gonna buy the remaining ones and resell them? XD

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2863 on: July 10, 2010, 06:52:39 AM »
I dunno, stacking things like this kinda diminishes my interest in the games. I've sure Miami will demolish the Raptors and Warriors next year, but I'm sure that will make for interesting or compelling basketball. Give me Malone and Stockton vs. Jordan any day.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2864 on: July 10, 2010, 08:26:27 PM »
Dan LeBatard Rejoices Over The Three Kings

hahaha
word.

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2865 on: July 11, 2010, 09:57:46 AM »
LMFAO!!! LOVE "THE DECISION"!!!
Been just reading and savouring all the Lebron Bashing XD

As I sat there as Lebron confirmed the rumors he's going to South Beach - I was like KOBE IS GONNA WIN THE MVP AGAIN!! THE ROAD TO THREE PEAT gets even better. East beats the fuck outta each other, Lakers cruise to MULTIPLE TITLES.

I'm such an asshole but I am relishing the bashing Lebron is finally getting. People finally get "it" esp. those fucks at ESPN who aired that Bachelor-esque show "The Decision" - I comfess! I tuned in halfway just in time for Jim Grey to grill Lebron about him chewing his nails, in front of the Boys and Girls club with the appropriately placed Vitamin Water vending machine. Like LMFAO, @ Lakersground Exick: "If white smoke rises from the top of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, he's staying. Black smoke indicates that all hope is lost." XD Them making him react to the footage of fans burning his jersey. MAN THATS REALITY TV AT ITS FINEST LMFAO. The LBJ brand built on "23" - his claims of being G.O.A.T. fucking Wilbon "We'll see the Magic Lebron now" he drools. Plain and simple, they know Lebron is too chicken shit to take on the challenge of leading a team like Cleveland, New York, Chicago - ROFL even the Clippers - through the hardships and just jump onto fellow Alpha Dog Dwayne Wade (whom I always say he's #2 behind Kobe cuz he is CLUTCH, ain't afraid to take the last shot). Instead, he jumps on an All-Star squad at the peak of his career? This ain't even a Malone / Payton joining the Lakers shit, it's like as if Malone / Payton joined the Bulls in the mid-90s for the Three Peats. All the talk of Lebron being the Greatest Player of all Time is finally over!! The media will stop short of calling Kobe one of the best Ever so you will see plenty of ESPN "Kevin Durant is a Saint Talk" XD The whole materialization of the deal is like WTF really. BOW DOWN TO YOU RILES!! Genius :bow:

Goes to show you what loyalty is these days, see an easy way out when shit looks rough. I feel for Cleveland fan, cuz that shit hits close to home on so many different levels. As much as Kobe bitched and whined about the Front Office not getting him help, he stuck through it and elevated the game of draft picks like Sasha, Bynum, and Farmar. Was Gasol even considered one of the "Best Big Men / Euros" before getting traded to LA? Lebron coulda got a few good free agents to join him, gel with Antawn Jamison but like a fucking bitch he jumped to the flashiest game in town not called the Lakers. Don't blame him - but this is the ultimate betrayal like WOW. To just tear Cleveland down on live TV - the half empty bars of losers cheering and crying XD and talk about Miami Heat being nWO ROFL. But man this site makes me LOL: http://lebronshames.com

The West gets weaker with Boozer and Amare leaving, possibly Parker and Melo next year. All Miami is left with is 3 All-Stars (Bosh, hardly) and a ton of vet min players, like Shaq as rumoured! What about AI? PERFECT! AND LFMAO at Raptors fans, every few years realization hits that you're not the Centre of The Universe, you still Canada. No matter how beautiful your city is, it's still Fucking Canada and not a major US Market. All these bloated stats, of Bosh, LBJ and Wade being "The Man" makes the "All-Star" label judged lightly. What makes you a star is what you can deliver in the playoffs and collectively? What has this Big Three done? Wade was helped with a whole crew of savvy vets like Shaq and Zo, and lots of FTs :lol: Bosh is lottery! and LBJ just quits on you when his elbow acts up.

LMFAO http://www.sportsbybrooks.com/father-beasley-traded-for-looking-like-delonte-28665

No one posted this? THIS TOO FUNNY! Dan Gilbert is DA MAN!!  :thumbsup using Comic Sans font no less:

Open Letter to Fans from Cavaliers Majority Owner Dan Gilbert

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert
Majority Owner
Cleveland Cavaliers

source: http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

And WTF Wade dropping a "Best Trio Ever" at the rally - that'll work with the frontrunners in South Beach, but yeah - check yoself with those "BEAT LA" chants, I can't wait for Christmas Day, you know NBA is all over this HYPE machine. Start the NBA Season NOW.

At least Charles finally gets it right

Filipino coach Erik Spoelstra gonna have to spend more time with his family like his name was SVG?

Speaking of Stan van Gundy, loved his blasts prior to "The Decision"
He thinks the whole spectacle is ridiculous and said the big three did a nice job putting on a charade.

2. He likened Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade together to Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol and also said he wasn’t surprised Bosh went to Miami because he’d been following Wade around “for two weeks like a lapdog.”

3. He seemed to have great admiration for the way Kobe Bryant and Kevin Durant handled their recent contract extensions. “You don’t hear Kobe Bryant and certainly not Kevin Durant talking about their brand … they’re simply basketball players who want to be great players and win games.”

4. He hopes Pat Riley doesn’t return to coach the Heat (thus unseating Erik Spoelstra).

Here we go with the transcript. In a normal Q&A we’d have Qs and As, but a lot of our conversation was myself and the two other reporters with me just informing/reminding Van Gundy of things that happened and letting him react. So we’ve got R’s and SVG’s. Reporters and Stan Van Gundy’s.

R. Your thoughts on all this free agency stuff?

SVG: It’s gotten ridiculous I think. It’s really I mean it’s almost like a parody of itself this whole situation now. Come on, an hour long? It takes 15 seconds to say I’ve decided to stay in Cleveland but we’ve got another 59 minutes and 45 seconds to, what? Promote LeBron James? As if we don’t do that enough. Look, the guy’s a great player and wherever he goes, my bet would be Cleveland, that place will be excited. But an hour long special?

R. Sign of the times, I guess.

SVG: It is a sign of the times. Unfortunately. It’s amazing that a guy as good as Kobe Bryant simply extended his contract with no real fanfare or anything else.

source: http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/sports_magic/2010/07/stan-van-gundy-will-not-watch-lebron-james-espn-announcement-special.html

Lakers just gotta sign Fish, and keep Ron Artest from being too crazy XD

In a rambling interview with ESPN Radio in Los Angeles, Ron Artest readily admitted that he has been "partying my brains out for a while" since the Lakers won the NBA Finals. He delivered proof when he attempted to explain the role children could have in cleaning up the Gulf of Mexico oil disaster. (via SportsRadioInterviews.com)

"First it depends. Basically we will manipulate the kids. The kids, we need them for the future. We need them to fill up arenas and buy up all of these jerseys. We need them to tell daddy and mommy that they want this and they want that. They putting money in everybody's pockets but we are the only ones not taking care of our youth. They take care of us but we don't take care of them as adults, as a whole. They are just not smart enough to know that really the adults in this world are not taking care of them because they are young. They look at us and they are dependent on us, but at the end of the day we are just leaving them out with the oil in the ocean so they can go swim and choke off oil so it is just wrong that you have got these people that just don't care at all about their seven year old kid girl or whatever like that so. I mean basically it is going to come down to the adults and it is going to come down to those teenagers understanding that us, adults don't really care about them like that."

source: http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/07/ron-artest-lakers-partying/1

I still think Dwayne Wade is awesome, he should be a GM in the future. Lebron and Bosh are big time jokes, I never wanna hear the G.O.A.T. tag again. File them under the "All-Star Never to Win a Title" category. No question Miami is gonna contend, but it ain't gonna be so easy. More motivation for Kobe.

BRING IT ON "SUPER" TEAM!!

I shall enjoy smack talking with Mocha, TOZ, and other Heat fans this upcoming season   :P

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2866 on: July 11, 2010, 10:12:32 AM »
I think this comic represents all of Daigong's feelings on this matter

I aint gonna front. I wanna watch this. And if the Heat do win championships in the future, Wade will STILL have more rings! HAHAHAHAHAHA. (I aint no Lebron Hater but I love Wade too much (No Homo))
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2867 on: July 11, 2010, 10:20:53 AM »
:on lol: I also love how Bosh is so tall you can't see his head.

Blah Blah Shifting Powers, Whatever, A-Rod to Yanks, Blah Blah. Whatever, it's all about what are you willing to do to sacrifice to get to the top? And if it's to stab people in the back, lol well Lebron just did that.

LOL @ this:

Offline kuro808

• Konkon + HKT + JPH!P= <3 and Happiness
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2868 on: July 11, 2010, 10:29:55 AM »
my vision into the "decision,"  now for how much i dislike the lakers, they are still the odds on favorite to win it all.  Even if LeBron decided to stay, I would always feel that Cleveland gave their all to probably the same fate, knowing how this would have worked out.  In all possibilities, first to the cavs majority owner, how dare you to bash the guy who had to play with the team he had (I know it goes on the GM but still  :angry:) Now to Mr. Lebron "King" James, Congrads now you are on a better team, so what man, play up, don't be the guy after the celtics beat ya ass up, that's it.  To D-Wade, thnx for staying in Miami :D And finally to Bosh now you have two premiere people in front of ya, I guess you have to play tough rather than usual style eh? well good luck to that

@Dai I heard what the owner said and pretty much knew he fucked it up BIG TIME!
@Toz XD
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2869 on: July 11, 2010, 10:37:52 AM »
As much as I hate to say it, the Heat prolly wont win this year. I fully see the Lakers three-peating again

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2870 on: July 11, 2010, 10:46:50 AM »
^ the thing is what they end up with and from some of the rumors i would say they are probably the best chance but yeah i wouldn't put money on the heat to win it all, most likely the lakers unless some type of weird stuff happens :nervous (especially with smaller FA's)
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2871 on: July 11, 2010, 06:25:19 PM »
With the West getting weaker with the defections of Boozer and Stoudemire to the East, it's just going to be an easier time for the Lakers to get to the Finals.
Phoenix, Utah, and Denver, who were among the tougher teams the last few seasons have been hit by losses in free agency.
The team that looks like the biggest threat looks like Oklahoma City, who have just been going gangbusters and Durant and Westbrook are looking really good now.

Of course, the corollary to that is that the East should theoretically be tougher, so Maimi getting to the Finals or even the conference finals is far from guaranteed.
Along with the Celtics and Orlando being among the elite, I see Chicago being a threat at least into the second round of the playoffs, since they only got better with the addition of Boozer and Korver.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2872 on: July 12, 2010, 12:53:16 AM »
Of course, the corollary to that is that the East should theoretically be tougher, so Maimi getting to the Finals or even the conference finals is far from guaranteed.

OH DIP! Maimi is playing in the NBA now?  :lol: Sorry, I couldn't help myself

Offline Slack

• Professor of Konkonology
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • Slackius
« Reply #2873 on: July 12, 2010, 01:15:40 AM »
Lol, must be a Freudian slip.  She's been inhabiting my mind's fantasy space for a good long while now.
( ・e・) :heart: marimari  ● 川o・-・) :heart: Jabronisaur :heart: (・o_・`川 ● ノノl∂_∂'ル :heart: ChrNo ● Never Forget.

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
« Reply #2874 on: July 12, 2010, 05:47:39 AM »
The Rev. Jesse Jackson criticized Cavaliers owner Dan Gilbert on Sunday, saying Gilbert sees LeBron James as a "runaway slave" and that the owner's comments after the free-agent forward decided to join the Miami Heat  put the player in danger. Shortly after James announced his decision last week, Gilbert fired off an incendiary letter to Cleveland's fans, ripping the 25-year-old and promising to deliver a title before James wins one. He called James' decision "cowardly" and later told The Associated Press he believes James quit during a handful of Cavaliers playoff games.

"He has gotten a free pass," Gilbert told the AP in a phone interview late Thursday night. "People have covered up for (James) for way too long. Tonight we saw who he really is."

Jackson said, "These accusations endanger LeBron. His jersey is being burned in effigy, and he is being projected as a betrayer by the owner." Overall Jackson said Gilbert's comments were "mean, arrogant and presumptuous."

"He speaks as an owner of LeBron and not the owner of the Cleveland Cavaliers,"Jackson said in a release from his Chicago-based civil rights group, the Rainbow PUSH Coalition. "His feelings of betrayal personify a slave master mentality. He sees LeBron as a runaway slave. This is an owner employee relationship — between business partners — and LeBron honored his contract."

Messages were left Sunday night seeking comment from Gilbert, the Cavaliers and James.

Jackson also called Gilbert's comments an attack on all NBA players and said the owner should face a "challenge" from the league and the players' association.

NBA spokesman Tim Frank declined comment.

Among the comments Jackson made in the statement:

• "If (Gilbert) believes that LeBron quit in games 2, 4, 5 and 6 of the 2010 Eastern Conference semifinals, then ... why did he pursue him and offer him and additional $120 million to stay in Cleveland?"

• "When players or coaches speak disrespectfully to or about referees, they are fined. If Mr. Gilbert cannot prove that LeBron changed games by quitting, he defames his character. He should have to face a challenge by the NBA and the players association. LeBron has every right to an apology."

• "LeBron is not a child, nor is he bound to play on Gilbert’s plantation and be demeaned. He has been a model citizen and has inspired the children of Akron, Cleveland, the State of Ohio and the United States."

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2875 on: July 12, 2010, 08:19:54 AM »
Way to go Jesse Jackson. The only challenge the league should do is check Bosh and Lebron for tampering or whatever cuz Bosh claimed they planned this years in advance - but whatevs, Heat should add more All-Stars like CP3 (since he's already signed to Lebron's talent agency).

Jordan Farmar has agreed to a three-year, $12-million deal with the New Jersey Nets - talk about a pay raise. Goddamn. And he ain't even gonna start. Nice move  Prokhorov.

Maimi Heat, sounds like a good name for a thread in a certain part of the forum :lol:

Yeah look out now, Redick is signed to an offer sheet and OMGASS he's fucking from Duke and doesn't fucking ESPN drool all over his nuts everytime he comes off the bench and clanks it up. Seems every team in the East is one of those "fun loving, work hard" type teams that happen to have a whiny coach on those goddamn WIRED segments.

Lakers it's just "Kobe's Legacy" - what about all the pieces?? FISH GONNA SIGN I feel it ... well here he is being stalked :lol: at his basketball camp

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Re: Official NBA Thread DEREK FISHER RESIGNS WITH LAKERS
« Reply #2876 on: July 13, 2010, 05:18:24 AM »
 :bow: :bow: FISH!!!

source: http://twitter.com/derekfisher/status/18382620574

"At the end of the day, there's one person I could not turn away from. Kobe Bryant asked me to stay but supported whatever decision I made," said Fisher, who also received reported interest from Miami, Cleveland, Chicago, Minnesota and New Jersey, though he indicated in his statement there were other options the media didn't report. "He and I have played together for 11 seasons, came into the league together as kids; he has been loyal to me even when others had doubts. We have won five championships together."

source: http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2010/07/derek-fisher-lakers-kobe-bryant.html

哈哈..科比 NO.1

Offline kuro808

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
  • Natsu Oshi DESU!
    • Kurosawa87
« Reply #2877 on: July 13, 2010, 05:42:43 AM »
Other than Fish news, Dan Gilbert fined 100K by the commish for his letter

:angry: never solves anything
Random Thought:

tumblr

R.I.P. Jab!  Dad/friend

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2878 on: July 14, 2010, 04:39:06 AM »
young fish n kobe @ 8:50 - how cute lol

CRAZY! Kobe is talking to all his former nemeses to join the Lakers:

"570AM reporting Raja Bell or Sean Livingston being looked at by Lakers"
http://twitter.com/STEIN_LINE_HQ/status/18441877332

"John Ireland just said on 710 ESPN radio show that Kobe is recruiting Kurt Thomas to join the team."

too bad Bruce Bowen retired XD

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #2879 on: July 15, 2010, 11:30:05 AM »
Your newest Laker, Steve Blake!!

so the Raja Bell deal fell through going to the Jazz :/ At least Shannon Brown returns, just improve his jump shot a bit, he's XXXplosive off the bench.

Shit with Big Z going to Miami, maybe T-Mac, wonder for reals which aging vet is gonna fill out their roster XD

JPHiP Radio (20/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ailee - Into the Storm (feat. Verbal Jint)