JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Harenchi Punch - Jewel

Author Topic: The Official Rap Thread  (Read 681845 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Official Rap Thread
« Reply #620 on: September 24, 2008, 07:24:28 AM »
'Notorious' Teaser Trailer

Official site:
http://www.foxsearchlight.com/notorious/

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #622 on: September 26, 2008, 05:43:59 AM »
The Biggie movie doesn't look very good... a shame cause he deserves a great movie.

Will be chekcing out that kanye stuff. And it looks like he provided separate tracks to make your own master mix!

I listened to some of T.I.'s new album... Is it wrong that I kinda like it? :lol: I'm addicted to "Whatever You Like" :lol:
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 05:48:41 AM by StreakInTheSky »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #623 on: September 29, 2008, 06:30:42 PM »
John Robinson aka Lil Sci - Who is this Man?
Produced by MF DOOM

old herbs, but still all good.  This was supposed to come out like 4 years ago =P

http://sharebee.com/14f94185

word.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #624 on: October 01, 2008, 08:37:43 AM »

John Robinson aka Lil Sci - Who is this Man?

Props! Black Gold is my shit  :yep:

Offline Sev

• Gentleperv
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Ass + BESTie = BASSTie?
« Reply #625 on: October 01, 2008, 11:02:30 AM »
I listened to some of T.I.'s new album... Is it wrong that I kinda like it? :lol: I'm addicted to "Whatever You Like" :lol:
Fuck no! It's not wrong at all. T.I. deserves some creds and that is a good album, hands down. I do like it too. Alot. It's not as much a positive surprise as LAX was but it's always nice when you're not disappointed, like i was with Twista's Adrenaline Rush 2008.

Actially this year have had some anticipated albums that's been way better than i expected. The Game's LAX, Nas' Untitled (Is Hero the song of 2008?), T.I's new shit, Weezy's Carter III and the most anticipated and best album in fucking aedons: Ice Cube - Raw Footage. :pimp:

[/url]

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #626 on: October 01, 2008, 09:47:13 PM »
dunno if y'all heard this yet, but here's Tonedeff's rendition of Love Lockdown.
Personally, i think he did it better, without that autotune garbage =P

http://qn5.com/media/distro/tonedeff_-_warden_(love_lockdown_rmx).mp3

http://2dopeboyz.com/2008/09/21/tonedeff-warden-love-lockdown-remix/
word.

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #627 on: October 01, 2008, 11:50:39 PM »
I'd rather listen to Kanye's vocoded voice than listen to that guy's annoying ass singing. The song sounds like some cheap Euro dance track with some guy singing/rapping. He's got flowing skills but he shoulda got another singer, or used a fucking vocoder. :P And he fucked with the best(and probably only really good) part of Love Lockdown, the drum beat.

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #628 on: October 08, 2008, 07:47:02 PM »
Foreign Exchange - Leave it all Behind

Its Phonte from Little Brother, and Nicolay from... the Netherlands =D  Second album.  Haven't listened to it yet, but the first album Connected was butter.  Should be good.

01. Daykeeper feat. Muhsinah Listen
02. Take Off The Blues
03. All Or Nothing/Coming Home To You
04. I Wanna Know
05. House Of Cards
06. Sweeter Than You
07. Valediction
08. If She Breaks Your Heart
09. If This Is Love
10. Something To Behold
11. Leave It All Behind

http://www.zshare.net/download/201166511ee4c01a/
word.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #629 on: October 17, 2008, 08:45:45 AM »
Kanye West - Heartless (preview)
http://sharebee.com/8dee2a7c

New Kanye West Album: No Rapping!

Kanye West knows one way to make guests pay attention at an album listening party: a room full of live nude women, standing and posing in silhouette against a wall of bright colored light in a performance designed by artist Vanessa Beecroft. That was the scene in a Los Angeles loft Tuesday night, as West unveiled his brooding, emotional 808s & Heartbreak album, set for release November 25.

More than 700 invited guests watched and listened as Beecroft’s 40 models slowly changed position with each song, some of them wearing fuzzy wigs that covered their faces. Just as provocative were West’s new tracks, including the singles “Love Lockdown” and “Heartless,” mostly obsessed with romantic pain and loss. All vocals were sung and treated with the electro “auto-tune” effect. But there was no rapping or overt sampling, just emotional waves of electronic sound, beats and occasional strings.

“You want to tell your friends you’re leaving me,” Wests sings on one stormy, lovesick track. “You’ll never find nobody better than me.” Later, his voice is wounded as he surrenders, “Goodbye, my friend. Will I ever love again?”

When the album was over, West grabbed a microphone and stood beside Beecroft’s models and called 808s & Heartbreak a very personal project. “These are pieces of real life that I’m putting out for people to judge,” West said, and then ridiculed how it might be rated by critics. “It’s from my heart. I don’t give a fuck if someone rates it ‘hot’ or ‘not.’ I’m here to bring positivity that cannot be judged. It’s like judging a grandmother’s love, and someone says ‘Your grandmother gets two and a half mics.’ Or, ‘You grandmother didn’t sell a million the first week.’”

West, who said he has another album coming in June, noted that the closing song, “Cold As Winter,” was written for his mother, who died at age 58 last year following complications from cosmetic surgery. “The irony for me, someone who has talked about so many labels — Louis Vuitton this, Benz that, this girl look good, I’m not going out with you if you don’t look good — the irony, for me to lose the most important person to Hollywood. And now it’s time to deliver ideas in the most naked form possible.”

He put his arm around Beecroft, who created the living art installation on short notice. “When he contacted me a month ago, he caught me off-guard,” she told the crowd. “But when I heard the album, I heard things that touched my own life.”

Among the guests was Jimmy Kimmel, who arrived after West performed two songs on his show earlier that afternoon. “I’m sure it’s beautiful art, and many people can appreciate it on a much deeper level than I can,” Kimmel said of Beecroft’s work. “But I look out there and see a lot of good-looking naked girls and it makes me happy.”
http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdaily/index.php/2008/10/15/kanye-wests-listening-party-lights-heartbreak-nudity/

Kanye, you fool!  :thumbdown:

Offline StreakInTheSky

• Dazed and Confused
  • Member+
« Reply #630 on: October 17, 2008, 01:46:27 PM »
He was on the radio here yesterday morning when they premiered the song.

Didn't like the song much, but I really can't help but respect the guy for putting this album out :lol:
From his own mouth he said he put his heart and soul in this album and wanted to reach as much people with it as possible. And then added if this shit bombs, he'll go in the studio again and keep making shit until people like it.

And there is rapping on it! So that headline is wrong :P

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #631 on: October 19, 2008, 09:19:12 PM »
John Brown - Sarah Palin (I Wanna Lay Pipe)

MP3
http://sharebee.com/2e0d08b7

Oh Saraaah!  XD

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
« Reply #632 on: October 23, 2008, 05:56:06 AM »
NEW WU-TANG!!!

Wu: The Story of the Wu-Tang Clan will be out November 18th..the DVD AND soundtrack!!

it'll be on BET November 13th..can we all get a SUUUU~!

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #633 on: October 24, 2008, 07:42:18 AM »
RZA - Drama

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #634 on: October 24, 2008, 08:55:41 AM »
^ bout time ..wonder if they gonnna do a video for "Don't be Afraid" Wu-Tang BET! Fuck, can't wait for that shit.

Man Kardi's BIG SINGLE "Tide is High" with Rihanna reduced to a c/w Keri Hilson

I think Kardi sold as much as PCD lol

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #635 on: October 24, 2008, 09:09:14 PM »

Heh, the BET Awards dropped: Who watched dat shit?

T-Pain hosted, I wonder if he used a vocoder. Here's some links

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #636 on: October 26, 2008, 06:08:00 AM »
Ok, when Rakim stepped on the stage with Ludacris, that was awesome. But he was on for like what 10 seconds? Messed up that was. I really like Luda's Last of a Dying Breed song, but if he had someone other than Wayne on it, I would prolly love it.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #637 on: October 27, 2008, 06:40:44 AM »
Hime representin Japan on the BET awards! 

Didn't think BET would take JP hiphop seriously, when they awarded i think Kick the Can Crew as the best international rap group a few years ago, i think.

Fuckin K'naan represent T.Dot too!

2008 Cypha Prt 1 Hurricane Chris,Bun B,K'naan,Q-tip

2008 Cypha Prt 2 Willy Northpole,Hime,Blaq Poet,Corey Gunz

2008 Cypha:Ace Hood ,Juelz Santana,Fabolous,Jadakiss
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 06:52:22 AM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #638 on: October 29, 2008, 08:36:49 AM »
Wu-Tang Form Like Voltron For Reunion Tour

Wu-Tang Clan will once again reunite as the iconic Staten Island based hip-hop group have announced an upcoming nationwide tour, kicking off next month. Consisting of rappers Ghostace Killah, RZA, Method Man, GZA, Raekwon, U-God, Masta Killah and Inspectah Deck, the crew will be supporting their 2007 release 8 Diagrams. The group will impact venues across the country performing at major cities including Portland, Seattle, Denver, Chicago, Philadelphia, Norfolk, and Atlanta among other major cities.

Joining the group throughout the tour will be Wu affiliates Cappadonna, Streetlife and Mathematics. As of now there are currently 29 tour dates scheduled, however, more venues may be added later. To purchase tickets, check out ticketmaster.com. The tour kicks off Saturday, November 29 and is expected to conclude Wednesday, January 14 in Atlanta.

In related news, the rap group will also be releasing an upcoming DVD titled Wu: The Story of the Wu-Tang Clan next month. Offering fans archival footage, behind-the-scenes material and in-depth interviews, the film will highlight the journey of each member's rise to success.

Wu: The Story of the Wu-Tang Clan hits retail stores Tuesday, November 18 via BET/Paramount Entertainment.It will also be aired on BET on November 13.
http://www.sohh.com/2008/10/wu-tang_form_like_voltron.html

Wu: The Story of the Wu-Tang Clan DVD cover:

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #639 on: October 30, 2008, 07:21:35 AM »
Ghostface is back!

Ghostface Killah - Computer Love (radio rip)
http://www.twitter.com/?d=0NRHDOI0

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Harenchi Punch - Jewel