JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AAA - Namida no Nai Sekai

Author Topic: The Official Rap Thread  (Read 681757 times)

Offline e_lo05

• ecchi
  • Member+
Re: The Official Rap Thread
« Reply #860 on: June 20, 2009, 01:29:02 PM »
haha i love tpain's "she didnt even curse" at the end.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #861 on: June 22, 2009, 12:55:30 AM »
Lupe down in Houston performing Shining Down:

Lupe Fiasco- Shining Down LIVE!

Then Bun B joins him to perform Swang on 'Em

Bun B & Lupe Fiasco- Swang On 'Em Live

And here is Lupe back in January doing Go Go Gadget Flow

Lupe Fiasco - Go Go Gadget Flow The Palace Theatre 27/01/09

I love how Lupe performs live, just enjoying himself
« Last Edit: June 22, 2009, 01:00:30 AM by thatonezombie »
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #862 on: June 22, 2009, 06:30:30 AM »
BUZZ ALDRIN/SNOOP DOGG COLLABO!

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/06/21/magazine/21fob-q4-t.html?_r=2&ref=space

I bet Buzz spits fire

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #863 on: June 23, 2009, 05:53:41 AM »
Triple Post FTW!

Don Johns is an MC that goes HARD, you gotta peep this mixtape, Hype Machine.

http://www.mediafire.com/?04zzzjmnmzt

Also, Nas does a dope track with an 18 year old producer named C-Sick
http://illroots.com/2009/06/22/nas-film-prod-by-c-sick/#more-14569
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 07:40:08 AM by thatonezombie »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #864 on: June 23, 2009, 08:43:16 PM »
Future JPHiP XXXclusive?? XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #865 on: June 23, 2009, 08:44:48 PM »

Raekwon - Surgical Gloves snippet (prod by Alchemist)
http://www.twitter.com/?d=FZPL69BH
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 09:08:20 PM by Masa »

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #866 on: June 23, 2009, 09:07:02 PM »
^ No Snitching!!

Classic video! Peep the channel for more old skool vibes!

Method Man - The Riddler (HQ High Quality Uncensored)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #867 on: June 23, 2009, 09:20:56 PM »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #868 on: June 24, 2009, 12:42:32 AM »
DAMN! BUZZ ALDRIN GOT BARS!

Hilarious the making is
« Last Edit: June 24, 2009, 12:44:51 AM by thatonezombie »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #869 on: June 24, 2009, 10:05:45 PM »

DOWNLOAD

Full album is available for streaming on RZA's MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/rza

DAMN! BUZZ ALDRIN GOT BARS!
LOL! The oldest rapper ever! XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #870 on: June 24, 2009, 10:24:17 PM »
Beastie Boys Reveal Hot Sauce Details

The Beastie Boys have sent an info-jammed email out to their supporters, laying out the next few months of activity. First, they'll continue with their project of reissuing their old albums. Ill Communication is out July 14, and Hello Nasty is due on August 25. Also, the New York trio will play an intimate show at Chicago's Congress Theatre on August 6, just two days before their headlining set at Lollapalooza. Also, according to the Beastie Boys newsletter, "The music industry is saved." We'll have to see about that one.

All that is great, but the part of the email that we care the most about is the part where they talk about their new album. And yes, they've got details. First off: There's been an amendment to the album's title. It'll now be called Hot Sauce Committee Part 1. Also, the LP is due for release on September 15. The tracklist is below.

And yes, this looks like a Beastie Boys album. Previously announced guests Nas and Santigold will both make appearances. And the song titles are vintage Beasties; I feel like I already know exactly how "Nonstop Disco Powerpack" and "Funky Donkey" will sound. (We already know what "B-Boys in the Cut" and "Lee Majors Come Again" sound like.) Odds are "OK" and "Crazy Ass Shit" will be the obligatory hardcore punk bangers, and "Bundt Cake" and "The Bill Harper Collection" will be the Meters-esque funk instrumentals. Prove me wrong, Beasties!

Hot Sauce Committee Part 1:
01 Tadlock's Glasses
02 B-Boys in the Cut
03 Make Some Noise
04 Nonstop Disco Powerpack
05 OK
06 Too Many Rappers [ft. Nas]
07 Say It
08 The Bill Harper Collection
09 Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win [ft. Santigold]
10 Long Burn the Fire
11 Bundt Cake
12 Funky Donkey
13 Lee Majors Come Again
14 Multilateral Nuclear Disarmament
15 Pop Your Balloon
16 Crazy Ass Shit
17 Here's a Little Something for Ya
http://pitchfork.com/news/35696-beastie-boys-reveal-ihot-saucei-details/

My all-time favorite band is back! :w00t:

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #871 on: June 24, 2009, 10:40:49 PM »
^ Always good to see Beastie Boys doing stuff

Now is it me or Nas & Damian Marley's album is gonna be dope?
http://www.zshare.net/audio/618145213017eafe/

Here is K-Salaam interviewing Reflection Eternal Parts 1 & 2 (I am guessing part 3 will appear soon?)

^Embedding wont work so just click on it to watch

Here is the official video for Back Again

And Black Skeptik feat. KRS-One
Black Skeptik featuring KRS ONE - RENT

Damn im tired after all that, and I still got some stuff to share

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #872 on: June 26, 2009, 07:58:54 AM »
You know what, I was certainly intrested in what Nas and Damian Marley are doing with Distant Relatives, but after watching this, I am hella excited. If this doesn't get you motivated to change the world, doesn't get you excited for this project then you prolly dont have a pulse

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #873 on: June 26, 2009, 05:09:27 PM »

DOWNLOAD

Raekwon Promises Us That Cuban Linx II Exists, Will Be Out in August

6/25/09 at 5:00 PM

Thankfully, not all the Wu-Tang Clan members we interview are amusingly distracted. Raekwon — who will release the much-anticipated, much-delayed sequel to his classic 1995 debut Only Built 4 Cuban Linx on August 11 — was downright chummy! Since we can’t believe this thing is actually coming out, we got Rae on the phone early to talk about recording the original album, the distribution deal he landed with EMI for the sequel, and the reason people are paying attention to his mustache.

You were publicly critical of RZA after 8 Diagrams, but he’s working on OB4CLII. How'd you patch things up?
I mean, we family. Everything that me and RZA were going through, it was controversial and it got out to the air, but we both already knew where we were going with it. It ain’t like I did nothing behind his back. I don’t rock like that. Whatever it is, he already knew my energy, and he knew I had an important project as well. At the end of the day, we brothers.

Can you talk about experience of recording the original Cuban Linx?
That album was more like a street album — it was done in the basement, it was done with straight-up beats and rhymes, it wasn’t about trying to make it anything to sit on a pedestal with commercial hip-hop. It was just coming fresh off the block, like, "Yo, these are the beats that Rae likes and he’s gonna spit that street shit cause that’s all he know." And I definitely picked the production that I felt was good for my chamber. You know, n****s wasn’t rhyming to shit like "Rainy Dayz" or "Criminology," like that kind of sound. Me and RZA knew we was coming across with a new sound.

So you knew at the time you were recording it’d be something special?
Everything was special, ’cause we professionals and we take that hip-hop shit serious. But if you look at the title, it’s called Only Built 4 Cuban Linx because we felt that it was only built for a few people. It could have been just 50,000 people that fell in love with the album: We just wanted to make it for the ones that could relate to the struggle and to my street days and all the shit.

How much of the delay on the sequel was due to your own perfectionism?
I’m the type of artist that I never like to rush everything. It definitely took a process because I wanted to make sure that I had a kind of ill kind of production, ’cause when you talking about doing Cuban Linx, you go back to the classic Wu sound. We wanted to bring that back to life. And if you know like I know, a lot of the radio music today don’t even know how to understand that kind of sound. And we wanted to go back and really create a façade of the early nineties, of when I didn’t have a record deal, and it was just about the beats and the rhymes. But it gave me a lot of time to really stash a lot of good beats.

You’re bringing in a lot of non-Wu performers this time. What is it about guys like Bun B, Jadakiss, and the Game that you can relate to?
I think not only the passion for real hip-hop, but they street n****s as well. They got a certain kind of credibility out there that basically relates to mine. Game, Bun B, Kiss, they been around the life, hands on with it — you can hear it in the music. ’Cause at the end of the day, I’m always going to be underground. I don’t care if I do 20 million in sales, my background is underground. It’s straight drug-dealing music. Straight over the stove again.

What went wrong with the original Aftermath/Dr. Dre/Busta Rhymes Deal?
I mean, it wasn’t really anything that went wrong. It became a big rumor about me going to Aftermath, and somebody leaked it out like it was a go. But we never really put no paperwork together and had no John Hancock when we was basically in bed. It was just a negotiation. Me and Busta have had this brotherly love relationship — to me Busta is a Wu Tang member from the other side. Me and him never worked out no business deal, it was more a friendship.

Have there been various versions of the album, or has it been one continuous evolution?
I mean, you know, people got the philosophy that it’s so many different versions. But anything that I made, I always bottled it up and, you know, threw it in the water so nobody could find it. So anything that I’m releasing now is basically me just letting you know I still got it. But everybody is judging it to be Cuban Linx. That’s a laugh to me. I gotta laugh it off, ’cause I’m like, "Yo, you haven’t even heard shit yet." But I’m glad that people are paying attention to my mustache, you know what I mean? They watching how my shit is shaped up.

How many members of Wu-Tang are on the album?
I could never do another Cuban Linx album without having the family on it. Every member is on there, doing their thing. Even if you don’t hear my brothers really ringing bells right now, I always believe in them.

The original was billed as “Guest-Starring Tony Starks.” Is Ghostface as involved this time around?
I want to keep a few things hidden until it’s time to basically purchase the album, but in this case, Ghost really stepped to the plate and put his best foot forward, ’cause he knew where he came from. You looking at a substantial amount of Ghostface Killah. This is his baby as well.

You’ve mentioned you almost went the independent route. How close of a call was it?
I was having a lot of mixed feelings about the independent world as well as the label world. I feel like I’ve been in the game a long time and you know when it come to labels not seeing a fella being around the last five years, it’s like it's hard to convince them what I can do. They don’t respect the fact that I’m bringing in a collective item, and the labels weren’t really trying to give me the proper support system that I needed and made me feel like, “Yo, if you not gonna respect it, if you not gonna promote it, I might as well do it myself, and capitalize off my decisions.” And that’s when I decided to do another situation where I create my own buzz — Rae’s not an artist on Cuban Linx, Rae’s selling a brand to EMI, and EMI is coming up as a partner.

Last thing. Can we get any collateral over the album really coming out August 11th?
[Laughs]Yo, you crazy. Yo, can we get some collateral?! The only collateral I can give you is my word. I’m a man of my word. I know a lot of people is doubting this project is even existing. Y’all helped me eat for years — I would never play with y’all. That’s why I been giving ya’ll free music. I look at it like you said, "Yo, you got me waiting, can I get a fucking soda? Can I get a juice? Can I get a fucking sandwich?" And that’s my way of giving back. But I do have to make sure that my I’s is dotted and my T’s is crossed. August 11 is official. That’s the final destination for the album. Get ready.
http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2009/06/raekwon_promises_us_cuban_linx.html

Now is it me or Nas & Damian Marley's album is gonna be dope?
Ooooh shit! That snippet is dope as hell! :twothumbs
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:09:28 PM by Masa »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #874 on: June 27, 2009, 02:09:19 PM »
It's the fucking Cuban Linx season!

Raekwon in Hawaii New Video
We gonna pimp the shit outta Cuban Linx 2, no doubt! :pimp:

Michael Jackson ft. Raekwon - Rock With You
XD

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #875 on: June 28, 2009, 08:14:25 AM »
RZA Returns To The 'Chamber'

RZA says "Chamber Music isn't a Wu-Tang album, but its close.

June 25, 2009 09:06 AM ET

RZA says "Chamber Music" is NOT a new Wu-Tang Clan album -- but it's pretty close.

"This is not a Wu-Tang Clan album, but this definitely feels Wu-Tang Clan inspired," explains the hip-hop impresario, who executive produced the June 30 set that features Clan members Ghostface Killah, Inspectah Deck and U-God working out with guests such as M.O.P., Kool G Rap, Havoc, Az, Tre Williams and more over live music beds played by the New York band the Revelations.

"I think the ('Chamber Music') title is very fitting. This music is totally in the chamber, or in the mind-frame of Wu-Tang like in the ('Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)') days. But it's not a Wu-Tang Clan album. The whole clan's not on this album. But it couldn't be in any other category but Wu-Tang."

RZA credits the "Chamber Music" idea to collaborator and producer Bob Perry, who proposed "an album with Wu-inspired music with you (Wu-Tang) guys spitting all over it and bringing it back to that vintage sound -- without sampling." An extensive search yielded the Revelations, who RZA says "just basically had the vibe" and allowed the album to have a consistent flavor across its 17 tracks. "It was like the old days where I would produce Wu-Tang Clan albums -- one producer, one mind, one sound," RZA notes.

On "Chamber Music" RZA also warmed to the idea of sending tracks around to the different MCs and singers rather than requiring everyone to be in the studio together. "I don't usually like to do that," he explains, "but in this case we were able to do that and get it successfully done. I'd rather have Ghostface right there. I'd rather have Method Man come to the studio. I still like the energy in a room, but in a digital age people are kind of ignoring that."

RZA says he and Ghostface Killah have "talked about" a new Wu-Tang album -- the troupe's first since 2007's "8 Diagrams" -- but haven't made concrete plans yet. "We'll see what life brings," says RZA, who's working on his film directoral debut, "The Man With the Iron Fist," and has a brief appearance in the upcoming Adam Sandler-Seth Rogan comedy "Funny People," as well as some performances on the Rock The Bells tour. "The Wu-Tang saga continues. We continue to just live out this hip-hop legacy and take our artistic challenges to other mediums...and we'll come together when the time is right. It's never an easy task, but I'm always up for that challenge."
http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/rza-returns-to-the-chamber-1003987701.story

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #876 on: June 28, 2009, 10:47:41 PM »
Raekwon performs "C.R.E.A.M." at Rock the Bells:
http://www.hiphopstan.com/index.php?module=videoDetail&id=3621

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #877 on: June 29, 2009, 07:35:02 AM »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #878 on: June 29, 2009, 10:13:09 AM »
^ Oh damn, The Magic must have messed up Lebron for him to get beat by Jay-Z.

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #879 on: June 29, 2009, 10:23:30 AM »
Lupe Fiasco - Ladies & Gentlemen (Snippet)
http://sharebee.com/d5f0d0dd

Lupe Fiasco - Two Ways (Snippet)
http://sharebee.com/8aded260

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: AAA - Namida no Nai Sekai