JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chemistry - Almost In Love

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007422 times)

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #1800 on: January 19, 2012, 02:54:42 AM »
Anyone else playing/played Saints Row 3?  For some reason, I can't do the wrestling takedowns any more.  When I run towards people and use attack as normal, I push them aside instead.  What the hellllll?
Could be a timing issue...try pressing the attack button a bit sooner. Are you using keyboard/mouse or some kind of gamepad?

I'm playing on PC, mouse + keyboard.  I'll experiment with timing.  It's just odd that it doesn't work like it always did. 

Edit:
It's back to normal. Dunno what happened there.  I'm so relieved.  :nervous
« Last Edit: January 19, 2012, 06:15:32 AM by Kimuuu »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1801 on: January 19, 2012, 12:07:23 PM »
I don't know why it is but lately if I should win on competitive multiplayer matches like MW3 or AC:Revelations, not only do I come out on top, but I'm also the one who's been killed the most!

lol my k/d ratio is horrible  :sweatdrop:

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1802 on: January 19, 2012, 05:58:57 PM »
I'm watching some old 4PP videos. Mainly the ones where they play scary games, like Fatal Frame.

:lol:
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1803 on: January 19, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »
4PP highlights never gets old. This is one of my favourite Brad freakouts and it's not even cause of a scary game :lol:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1804 on: January 21, 2012, 06:05:34 PM »
Been watching a Dark Souls stream and now I kinda want to play it, even though it looks ridiculously hardcore. It's the type of game which you can only play with a guide otherwise you're going to be frustrated as hell trying to play it. Not just in finding all the best loot but in finding out what the hell some of the terminology means, what menu options like 'Reverse Hollowing' does and how to approach upgrading your character and so on. Will think about it, for now though, Skyrim!
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 06:17:10 PM by Tuffty »

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1805 on: January 24, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »
Next week Bastion will be 50% off on XBL and cost only 600 MSP, time for me to make a purchase  :)
« Last Edit: January 24, 2012, 09:05:53 PM by coachie »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1806 on: January 25, 2012, 10:59:14 AM »
the other day i bought an anime themed side scrolling shooter called trouble witch neo (pretty fun if you like those type of games), a platformer/shooter/adventure game called blade kitten (seems alright, haven't played it much yet), and today i bought monday night combat (pretty fun), amy (survival horror, haven't played yet) and star wars - force unleashed 2 (still downloading)

can you tell i love video games?  :nervous

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1807 on: January 27, 2012, 09:48:09 PM »
The teaser trailer for a game called Deadlight is pretty cool. What starts off as a world building set up as you've seen in many other game trailers before takes a nice little twist at the end by showing you what type of game it's gonna be which is unexpected and certainly something new in the whole post-zombie apocalypse genre other than just being another FPS game.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1808 on: January 29, 2012, 12:49:47 PM »
This still has me in fucking stitches laughing at it

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1809 on: January 29, 2012, 08:28:09 PM »
Played the Kingdom of Amalur - Reckoning demo, it's huge!!!
I created a super hot character, but I have no idea if I like this game or not, even after 2hours playing it.

Offline Foxy Brown

• Old and cranky
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Super bad!
« Reply #1810 on: January 30, 2012, 11:05:19 AM »
Looks like Stark's been drinking again.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1811 on: February 01, 2012, 01:08:49 AM »

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1812 on: February 05, 2012, 11:23:17 PM »
Beat Soul Calibur V story mode, and played through Arcade a couple times. I'm still not sure if I like it.

The graphics are slightly improved. The sound is much improved. The gameplay is very similar. The main change to gameplay is the removal of the equipment destruction and the additional of Street Fighter style Super Combos. Blerg. I'm not a fan of those - and they remove the level playing field that's always been the series strength. Now you have to remember crazy complicated moves for each character to stand a chance.

Story mode was OK. Very short, very limited and it was clearly an afterthought since most of the scenes weren't even animated. Basically it's a short series of battles. No special stages, odd conditions or unique rules. Just click on a place, listen to the cutscene, fight a battle, listen to a cutscene, repeat 21 times.

The new characters are a mixed bag. I haven't played Ezio yet, so can't comment on him. The majority of the characters are just offspring of the characters in 0-4, with slightly altered moves - Leixia = Xiangua, Natsu = Taki, Xiba = Kilik, Aeon = Lizardman.

Kilik, Algol, Maxi, Mitsurugi, Astaroth, Edge Master, Cervantes, Nightmare, Hilde, Yoshimitsu, Siegfried, Raphael and Ivy all return.

The new characters ZWEI (who is called a werewolf, but is more a wolf shaman) and Viola are both pretty fun to play.

The biggest change is that Sophitia and Cassandra are both gone. This is a major blow. They're replaced by Sophitia's annoying children, who are also the focus on story mode. Patroklos fights like Setsuka, and Pyrra is mostly a clone of her mother. There's also Elysium, who looks like Sophitia crossed with that robot from Xenosaga.

Obviously they needed to do something different, but the changes add up to make the game feel less like a Soul Calibur game than others in the series.

I think the game clearly is trying to do an online focus and compete with Street Fighter with the more complicated combos, ranking systems, etc. Since that's not an option for me (can't play fighter games with 1200ms latency), I'm a bit disappointed in what was left in the game.

I'll still play it through a few more times to learn the basics of the other characters for parties, but this doesn't have the staying power of say Tekken 6.

C+.

(Oh, and Talim is gone too. :()

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1813 on: February 07, 2012, 07:24:00 AM »
pass all the london levels in dirt 2

then beat ken block's posted time in the japan rallycross track

« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 07:35:33 AM by john_hung »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #1814 on: February 08, 2012, 04:08:58 AM »
The biggest change is that Sophitia and Cassandra are both gone.
I've always been a fan of the SC story and decided to read a game wiki for SC 5 and spoil myself. I read what happened to Sophitia, but I didn't come across any mention of Cassandra at all. I thought that was odd.

Hipster Fox  :wub:
http://retronouveau.tumblr.com/post/17160118692/trop-fort-les-pages-facebook-des-heros-de-jeux
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1815 on: February 08, 2012, 04:38:31 AM »
^ The Pac-Man one is fucking genius.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #1816 on: February 08, 2012, 05:19:10 AM »
The biggest change is that Sophitia and Cassandra are both gone.
I've always been a fan of the SC story and decided to read a game wiki for SC 5 and spoil myself. I read what happened to Sophitia, but I didn't come across any mention of Cassandra at all. I thought that was odd.

Yeah, she's not even mentioned in the Story mode that I noticed - and I was specifically waiting to hear. There's no individual character endings, so she's just mysteriously vanished. I suspect Soul Calibur VI will retcon V into an alternate universe, but that might just be wishful thinking.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1817 on: February 08, 2012, 05:19:47 AM »
that naughty bear game is pretty cool, got super street fighter 4 arcade, mortal combat vs. dc universe, and some doritos crash avatar game (played it at my friends house and it's pretty fun actually - makes me think of ninja warrior tv show a bit)...went on a bit of a game buying binge last night  :nervous

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #1818 on: February 08, 2012, 05:32:17 PM »
Hooray for progress!!!  :cow:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1819 on: February 08, 2012, 08:24:38 PM »
While at times I do believe the modern industry sucks because of pre or post-release DLC (FFXIII-2 and Arkham City being the worst offenders lately) I do have to argue that stuff like DLC, especially pre-release, isn't really stuff that's cut out of the game. Rather it's a case that this stuff just wouldn't exist going back a few years because the industry wasn't as big. Development studios back then wouldn't have the money and resources that they have now to make it. I do agree it's a shitty deal though, it can usually prevent fans from getting a complete experience, and I really couldn't care less about getting a game breaking weapon to use so early on in the game just because I bought it from a particular store. It's meant to deter used sales obviously, but when you hear of things like Warner Bros and Gamestop working out a compromise to include online passes in used copies of Arkham City anyway? There has to be a better way to do it rather than inconveniencing the consumer.

JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Chemistry - Almost In Love