JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Traveler (feat. Zico)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1007462 times)

Offline THUNDERDUCK

• Putting the H! in H!P
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • thunderquacker
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2080 on: August 21, 2012, 03:15:03 AM »
Fucking time trial runs through the shrines in AC Brotherhood are ruining my 100% synch

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2081 on: August 24, 2012, 11:23:35 PM »
I bought Dark Souls today. Good lord that game is tough. But definately appealing. I'm already getting that "ah...I'll just see what's around this corner..." urge and the loot lust is kicking in already. Seeing an item off in the distance just kicks this urge in me that I have to get it. But like I said, tough. I've already had a bad experience where I died, dropping about 5000 souls and on my way to get it back I died again, so I ended up losing them all. But I'm not pissed about it because I was the one who fucked up. I tried to rush it, and the game kicked my ass back as a result. But I like that. It's a game that commands your attention and respect and there's something really satisfying about killing enemies that are giving you a hard time. On top of it all it looks gorgeous with some hugely epic scale environments. So definately enjoying it so far and glad I made the jump to start playing it.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2082 on: August 25, 2012, 09:57:53 AM »
^ Didn't they shut down the online component of that game?
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2083 on: August 25, 2012, 10:11:52 AM »
^ That was for Demons Souls it's PS3 only spiritual predecessor. I saw plenty of ghosts of other players wandering around and messages left behind, some of which pointed me to some items or warned me of traps.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2084 on: August 25, 2012, 10:27:01 AM »
Forgot to mention this a few weeks ago I went to Book Off and bought both Dissidia games. Good idea or bad idea considering I suck at fighting games?

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2085 on: August 25, 2012, 10:29:51 AM »
I would have bought Persona 4 Arena instead. Chie, man. You can play as Chie.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2086 on: August 25, 2012, 10:38:18 AM »
Forgot to mention this a few weeks ago I went to Book Off and bought both Dissidia games. Good idea or bad idea considering I suck at fighting games?

Very good that you bought Dissidia Duodecim, not so much with the first game. Not that it's a bad game, far from it, but Duodecim has all of the content from the first game in it. Literally all of it, the story campaigns, cutscenes. Duodecim is basically the first game but with more of everything. A 20-30hr campaign, new characters, more items, improvements to the fighting system. I honestly wouldn't worry about your skill level with fighting games as it's so unlike other fighting games out there that you'll get used to it no problem. Just be prepared to sink a ridiculous amount of hours into it. I've put in 187. For me, that's more than I've put in any main FF title.

Would like to get Persona 4 Arena myself but after hearing the lag issues for the 360 version I may just wait til I hear things are better. Besides, it's delayed here in Europe anyway. Gotta play as dat Chie. Or dat Mitsuru.

Offline shurastriker

• Knight of the SAGA
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • アフィリリルー
    • shuranisaur
    • shuranisaur
« Reply #2087 on: August 26, 2012, 12:58:35 AM »
last day i got the urge to ply some catlevania... played like half game theni dropped it lol

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2088 on: August 26, 2012, 02:13:08 AM »
This may well be one of the best gaming podcast moments ever. I still laugh so much to this day. A caller calls into the Mega 64 podcast where he asks about Metal Gear. Although, he seems to be rather confused about the order of the games, or even which game he played...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2089 on: August 29, 2012, 11:39:12 AM »
Really tempted to buy a PS3 now. Reallly tempted.

I felt the two extremes of playing Dark Souls today. On one end of the scale, I died and dropped 10000+ souls on the Gargoyle boss and on my way back I died again losing them all. On the other end, I perservered for a whlie, learned the patterns, took on both of the Gargoyles by myself and won. It was extremely satisfying. Exhausting though! And yet....even talking about it here, makes me want to jump right back in again. It has aspect that all good games do and is permeating my thoughts when I'm away from it. So good.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2090 on: August 31, 2012, 06:01:06 AM »
At the 25th anniversary event today they apparently showed some gameplay from the next Metal Gear game!

Quote from: gamespot

The scene starts in a remote military base with heavy rain. The camera is following a shadowy figure in a business suit and hat accompanied by a number of well-armed soldiers and guard dogs as he converses with a little boy in a cage. He throws a portable music player after some dialogue and the boy proceeded to use it. The rest of the scene was playing "Here's To You" from the film "Sacco e Vanzetti" (also on Metal Gear Solid 4) as the man in a coat rides off to an airfield before taking off on a helicopter to an undisclosed location. Before erasing the "XOF" emblem off of the helicopter, he took out his hat and speaks about what transpired in very vague words. His face and head was all burned-up and scarred with no hair; at this point in time, we have no idea who he is. He proceeded to toss away all a stash of mini "XOF" emblems as he flew off with the rest of the soldiers.

After that, out comes a spy climbing from a cliffside near the base followed by the subtitles "From FOX, two phantoms were born". As he flips up his visors, we saw the trademark eyepatch and gruff face with the facial hair: Solid Snake seems to be back at a glance. He's referred to as Snake; no, not Solid Snake, Old Snake or Naked Snake, just Snake at the moment, so there's a chance that he could be some clone or someone posing as Solid Snake. Whatever the case, he definitely looks much younger than Old Snake in Metal Gear Solid 4. Old-school fans yearning for the days of a nimbler stealth action hero can sigh with relief at this revelation.

Series creator Hideo Kojima then took centrestage and showed off the title's gameplay for a few minutes. We see Snake do what he does best: go in a prone state and sneak around (no Octocam this time; just old-fashioned crawling and hiding), as well as going into aiming mode in third person shooting a nearby guard at a security post. We should also mention that the demo gave out a sandbox open-world vibe; the military base itself felt expansive and huge, and Snake can summon a helicopter to bring him around as well as drive a jeep to go from point A to B. Kojima did state that he wishes to add a new spin to the stealth genre; even when you're discovered, you can use all the means and tools to escape rather than see a "game over" screen.

@johntv
I have to say, MG: Ground Zeroes looked AMAZING. Super happy to see something this impressive coming out of Japan, and especially from Kojipro.

@kazamatsuri
Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes demo was truly amazing, running on a PC at current-gen specs. Wow.

@markmacd
Demo of "Metal Gear Solid Ground Zeroes", started w cutscene (all realtime), went into gameplay, open world, night, raining, base. AMAZING Snake crawled @ avoiding searchlights, killed guard, rode jeep, called in heli for evac. Sounds like MG, but the scale & atmosphere… Wow.

@ItCameFromJapan 12:55 AM
Sorry for the delayed tweet - distracted by the wine. #MGS Ground Zeroes on Fox Engine - rich detail, open world, and Old Snake is back!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2091 on: August 31, 2012, 03:48:37 PM »
Sounds promising, I heard Kojima say that Deus Ex : Human Revolution was an inspiration for the game which can only mean good things IMO.

I'm pretty sick of the Xbox Live dashboard just clutter up my screen with ads for stuff that I don't even want. As it is, I pay for Live Gold for multiplayer and the security that MS will have on online multiplayer. But If they're gonna have ads then they should do away with membership fees, I don't like the idea of having to pay MS money for Live and have these ads be the first thing I see when I start the Xbox. I mean surely 'Play Game' should be the first and biggest icon, but no it's thrown away in a corner with the majority of central space for whoever pays them the most money to advertise. With all that plus the huge improvement in quality and value that PS Plus is now offering, you'd wonder if MS have to rethink how they handle their XBox Live service.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2092 on: September 01, 2012, 05:26:14 AM »
More Freddie Wong stuff. :)
Nitpick, why does Assassin Guy move like Prince Persia Guy. Or is he Prince Persia Guy :?

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2093 on: September 02, 2012, 12:52:54 AM »
So the footage of Metal Gear Solid : Ground Zeroes came out and.........wow.

The rain. The atmosphere. The look of the villian. The sheer graphical powerhouse of the game engine. Anyone else getting the same vibe as the MGS2 reveal way back in the day? And to think, this is running on a PC that suits the current spec gen, so this is out for 360 and PS3. I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but you can't help but be impressed watching that.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2094 on: September 02, 2012, 07:57:34 AM »
^ The unraveling of it is certainly MGS2-esque, but I'm also getting a MGS3 vibe from the setting.

Hey everybody! I went to PAX! Here's my adventure!

http://selective-hearing.com/pax-prime-2012-saturday/

Be warned: It's a lot of words and not that many pictures.

In short: PAX was great. Want to go back.

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2095 on: September 03, 2012, 04:58:13 AM »
So the footage of Metal Gear Solid : Ground Zeroes came out and.........wow.

The rain. The atmosphere. The look of the villian. The sheer graphical powerhouse of the game engine. Anyone else getting the same vibe as the MGS2 reveal way back in the day? And to think, this is running on a PC that suits the current spec gen, so this is out for 360 and PS3. I'm not a graphics whore by any means, but you can't help but be impressed watching that.

Fuuuuuuck yessss! :drool:

IGN seems to be the only site with the rest of the 15min game play demo.

Hopefully we get an epic MGS style trailer at Tokyo Game Show. They always save the best MGS trailers for TGS.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2096 on: September 07, 2012, 07:23:53 PM »
managed to play some rage the other day without the ps3 overheating...pretty fun game, very much like borderlands i thought...i think i'm gonna like this game  :twothumbs

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2097 on: September 08, 2012, 01:25:28 PM »
Can't tell if it's a publicity stunt for a game or not, but damn dude, put down the controller for 5 mins with all this going on around you!

Offline frblckstr1

• The Archive
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2098 on: September 08, 2012, 06:18:45 PM »
^ 100% promo, he's not even really touching combo's just tapping on the same buttons. Each segment is only a few seconds, who knows what happened after those :)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2099 on: September 08, 2012, 08:48:56 PM »
Just finished Arkham City today \o/

.... I'm still not quite sure the developers were so determined to punish me for doing so though D:

"oh man! wasn't that stupid part with the snipers annoying!! I bet people loved that!"

"Yeah man, you know what we should do?"

"What's that?!"

"after the ending that lasts about 3 minutes, lets slow the credits down so they last for about 45 minutes, space out the names about 5 lines each, and just play a looping sound effect for the last 20 minutes and call it music!"

"BRILLIANT!!!"

JPHiP Radio (23/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: f(x) - Traveler (feat. Zico)