JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Kick It (JP Ver.)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004880 times)

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2600 on: September 14, 2013, 05:31:28 AM »
I know all about being human and what you can do, the point I was making is that there's so little point in doing it because when a lv200 player invades with the strongest weapon upgraded to full and has no intention of helping you, you are dead, and will have to restart, there is nothing you can do apart from jumping off a cliff to speed up the process, it's just a waste of time bothering with it.

Well like I was saying I was bored doing that so I started using Pyromancy, I have that upgraded to full now and beaten many "hard as nails" enemies and bosses without using backstabs, and before you accuse me of using the "easy way" I use counters a lot and roast them with combustion.

I'm just going to stop here because you're obviously pissed off with what I said. I didn't even say it was bad if you read what I wrote.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2601 on: September 14, 2013, 11:12:25 AM »
Not pissed off at all mate, trust me. I know what you mean about the invaders, PVP can be such a lagfest in Dark Souls as well which doesn't help and I can sympathise. Like I said too, there are things about Dark Souls which could be handled better. Sorry if my earlier posts came across as me being pissed off, I really wasn't.

Offline Amplifier

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2602 on: September 18, 2013, 12:49:27 AM »
fuck you puzzle and dragons fuck you I get the shittiest stuff when I spend my stonesssssss gimmie dem awesome godssssss

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2603 on: September 19, 2013, 10:30:41 AM »
Bayonetta going Anime!!!!

Oh, I don't know...

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2604 on: September 19, 2013, 02:54:19 PM »
Picked up more Wii games for cheap!  :twothumbs

Donkey Kong Country Returns
Kirby's Adventure
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Mario Kart Wii (2x)
Mario Power Tennis
Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit
Need for Speed: Nitro
Need for Speed: The Run
New Super Mario Bros Wii (2x)
Rayman Origins
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Paper Mario
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Zelda: Skyward Sword    

Wishlist:
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario All Stars
Mario Party 9               
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
Zelda: Twillight Princess         
Pandora's Tower
Xenoblade Chronicles

Any other games you'd recommend? Sadly a bunch of cool RPGs and even racing games were only released in Japan/Noth America  :thumbdown:

Offline Estrea

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • ひゃっっほーい♪( ´θ`)ノ
« Reply #2605 on: September 19, 2013, 04:58:18 PM »
fuck you puzzle and dragons fuck you I get the shittiest stuff when I spend my stonesssssss gimmie dem awesome godssssss

You play pazudora? :lol: I'm rank 99 on this game and got a pretty decent set of mons. Add me as a friend! I'm on the Japanese version though...

But I know what you mean about the shiny stones D: I spent lots of them but only got ONE god....Archangel Gabriel. :lol: I WANTED ISIS DAMMIT.

永遠に咲き続ける花なんていない、すべてはいずれ枯れて朽ち果てしまう。

Currently writing:
- Lilium-related things. God save my soul.

On Hold:
- Everything Else. Too many to list.

I'm also on AO3!
http://archiveofourown.org/users/Estrea

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2606 on: September 19, 2013, 09:20:59 PM »
Bayonetta going Anime!!!!

Oh, I don't know...

FUCK YEH!

This video always makes me laugh.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2607 on: September 30, 2013, 12:43:09 AM »
So, remember how I was a little bit pissed off that someone spoiled the ending to The Last Of Us way back? Well having beaten the game this evening, I'm happy to say that I wasn't spoiled at all and the other guys must have been trolling. XD

What a brilliant game. I was not expecting it to end the way it did. That last half hour was genuinely shocking and thought provoking in the best way that will ensure that it sticks long in the memory. I'd consider it my GOTY at this moment in time. Not just for the story, but the pacing, the gameplay, the graphics, sound, level design. Just incredibly impressive all round.

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2608 on: September 30, 2013, 02:01:33 PM »
^ YAY TUFFTY!!!! I'M HAPPY FOR YOU HAHAHA. ALL'S WELL THAT ENDS WELL? :lol: I think that's happened to me before as well, I just don't remember if it was a TV show or a video game :lol:
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2609 on: October 02, 2013, 04:34:07 PM »
Congrats on completing The Last of Us, Tufft!! That ending was emotional. Made me question whether or not there should be a sequel. If not, I'm content to have it as a standalone game.

And now that I'm back home from my visit to the Philippines, time to grab a copy of GTA V.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2610 on: October 05, 2013, 06:40:30 AM »
Been playing some GTA5 on the 360, and Foul Play on Steam.

Speaking of which, apparently there are Foul Play coupons appearing in people's inventory. If you buy it and want to play online with someone, I'll play with you.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline coachie

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2611 on: October 05, 2013, 10:47:37 PM »
Ok, we have a thread for favourite videogame music, but how about the music that makes you want to pierce your ears with a hot needle?

This song from Tales of Vesperia was so overused in the first portion of the game, I wanted to bite my controller everytime it came on. Also it's circus music and I hate circus music (and anything circus related)

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2612 on: October 06, 2013, 12:33:15 AM »
^ Oh geez yeh! You're right it was overused a lot. XD Vesperia makes up for it though with one of the best BGM in any game ever as you're exploring Dahngrest. Also helps that Dahngrest is a gorgeous town to look at too with it's eternal sunset. There were times that I would just stay in here and listen. It's to my eternal shame that I've put 80+hrs into the game and not yet finished it. Must go back to it, although I fear I've forgotten most of the story at this point! XD

PS Plus has been good to EU subscribers this month. Far Cry 3 is a cool playground for me to fuck around in. Getting into a jeep and driving away as rabid dogs chase me. Sneaking up on dudes. Stabbing dudes. Shooting dudes as I go down a zipline. Good times. Not as pretty as the PC version, has a few framerate issues, but fun nonetheless. Vaas is a great villian, very menacing and deserves a lot of screentime. The story is quite loudly telegraphed from the beginning though, with clear inspirations from Avatar or The Last Samurai. You know, white male is integrated with a native tribe, learns to love the culture and becomes one of their best warriors/leaders in a fight against the oppressors. But yeh, I'm just having fun playing it, more so than the story.

Speaking of a barebones story not getting in the way of me enjoying an actual game world and the mechanics within it, I've also been playing Dragons Dogma : Dark Arisen, also offered by PS Plus. It's not bad, I'm enjoying it so far. I do like the passage of day to night because nighttime in this game is pretty cool! While other games have a palette swap, nighttime in Dragons Dogma will have you in pitch black darkness. You have a lantern, but you best hope you have oil to fuel the flames, because monsters are more aggressive at night. It's a good looking game, the game world seems huge, with a lot of content and the battle system is pretty fun. I like it. Seems like a more accessible Dark Souls.

Also got Giana Sisters which was the other game on PS Plus. Challenging platformer and that's all I can say about it really!

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2613 on: October 09, 2013, 09:19:20 PM »
I love the minigames in Yakuza 4. Not only are there a ton (pool, darts, fishing, Blackjack, Poker, Roulette, Mahjong and many more) but there are different variants for some as well as varying difficulties. Spent a good time today just fishing in the docks. Very enjoyable. Wish the pool was a bit better. You never really feel like you're in control of how strong you choose to take your shot and the pool physics are something akin to Yahoo online pool back in 1999. But enjoyable nonetheless.

Bit disappointed to hear that what you get from Arkham Origins Season Pass sounds really underwhelming. About 4 content packs worth of alternate costumes. A challenge map. And a bit of 'story' related DLC. If it was anything like Arkham Asylum, you won't even be able to wear the costumes until you beat the game first anyway. No thank you.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2013, 02:20:26 AM by Tuffty »

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2614 on: October 10, 2013, 02:15:41 AM »
^ You're making me wanna play Yakuza 4 again. I really enjoyed going to the bars and restaurants in the game. Really made me wanna try all those foods and drinks.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2615 on: October 12, 2013, 07:02:34 PM »
Yeh some of the stuff sounds good!

Giana Sisters : Twisted Dreams, the platformer that is free as part of EU PS Plus, has to be one of the hardest games I've ever played. It's a fairly straightforward platformer, but the old school bosses are by far the hardest parts about that game. You don't loses lives by getting hit but considering you die in one hit, means you can fuck up and have to start the boss fight all over again. It's not easy either, I'm on the last boss and it involves bullet-hell esque moments while trying to avoid instant death if you fall into the fire below. And that's just the beginning, it all ramps up as you weaken the boss. I've tried many times these past 40 mins and have come close on a few occassions but always get thwarted by something. What makes it a bit hard to take is that to reach the boss stage usually takes about 30 mins of regular platforming anyway so I'll have to do that all over again if I wanna try. I won't let it beat me, just had to vent! XD

What makes it even crazier is that there are 2 difficulties to unlock. Hardcore which means if you die once (again, very easy to happen even on normal levels) you have to start the level over again. :o And Uber Hardcore which means if you die once you start the whole game over again. :o :o :o
b]

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2616 on: October 12, 2013, 07:46:14 PM »
So I think I'm actually trying to get into grad school with a video game topic. Haven't got contacted back yet :lol: Don't want to go into detail in public about what exactly I've had in mind (I don't mind saying it in IRC tho), but dear god I would love to be a part of the movement making video games a research and study topic that could be taken seriously, more than just "the effects of video games" which by now is like beating a dead horse IN MY OPINION!
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline screwed89

« Reply #2617 on: October 13, 2013, 04:43:28 AM »
POKEMON X!!!

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2619 on: October 14, 2013, 12:23:49 AM »
I did it! I beat the last boss in Giana Sisters that I found a hard time with! :w00t: You know what's funny though, I took a look at the achievement tracking for this on Raptr and Steam, and the achievement you get to beat this boss i.e. to beat the game, is at 2.54% and 2.3% respectively. So a huge number of people that bought the game didn't actually finish it! That's crazy. At least I know I'm not the only one who found it hard!

JPHiP Radio (14/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Kick It (JP Ver.)