JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Kick It (JP Ver.)

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004881 times)

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2620 on: October 15, 2013, 06:25:50 AM »
Recently-ish I finally got around to setting up my PC and got back on Steam.  I also finally beat Saints Row the Third (main story, still have DLC missions to do).  Then I started Sleeping Dogs.  OMG, love love love that game.  Got around to collecting and completing all events! :D I cannot wait for the sequel!  Now I'm just trying to beat some of you guys' records in the social hub.  LOL  Although I'm never going to beat J-Tri cuz CLEARLY he's been playing that game A LOT.  I don't have a cap of the rankings, but an example leadership board would be:

Most Melee Kills
J-triumf  23515
pika       846
Flyp       574
me        351

WTF. XD

I also just started Prototype 2. SO EXCITE!!!!!!!  You should've seen my face the first time I ran up a building.  Heeeeeeeee~

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2621 on: October 15, 2013, 03:33:02 PM »
J really played that game too much xD I'm seconds or a few numbers behind some of his records, but because they're so huge I just didn't want to drive a car for 4 minutes again then plow into some roadworks 3 seconds off of it again etc so I just left it XD

Plus GTA5 came out and I went into 100% mode \o/...not that I can get it because there's a glitch and the 2 under the bridge bridges I got on a mission with Trevor aren't counting towards it so :/ unless they fix it, I'm going to be stuck at 99.97% forever, or whatever it is.. unless I want to relive the 3 weeks of unemployment it took for me to get to that part and start over D:

And I was forced into preordering Pokemon Y months ago to get an event Pokemon, but on the day before the release date when they told me I could order it I was working and the shop was closed D: then I felt sick during the night and downloaded X because I was sad I couldn't play.... so now I have both, for no reason XD

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2622 on: October 15, 2013, 09:42:14 PM »
Surprised to hear that Watch Dogs (or Peeping Pooches as I call it) has been delayed to 2014 when it's due to be released as a launch title with PS4 next month.  Interesting to hear people speculating on why it happened. Was it a last minute realisation that the game isn't very good and needs more work? I would agree that the move was financial. Considering it's a new IP launched on the same month as Assassins Creed 4, which looks to appeal to the same audience, as well as COD, Battlefield and new consoles might have an impact on sales. Still, the news comes as a kick in the teeth to those who had Watch Dogs as the launch game to get.

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2623 on: October 16, 2013, 05:09:53 AM »
A lot of people are interested in Watch Dogs. So as a gamer, a delay to fix it up and make it a more complete game sounds great. Rather have that than throwing out a low-quality chopped up game just to meet up to console launch. It's coming out on everything anyways, so it's not as important as say Killzone 4.

Nah, The Ubisoft guys are probably just too busy playing Pokemon X/Y. :)

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2624 on: October 16, 2013, 06:25:31 AM »
Man, the Roxio guys are really trying to milk this as much as they can.

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2625 on: October 17, 2013, 09:13:07 AM »
I know it's so far past PAX, but I finally finished up my PAX write-up for Selective Hearing!

http://selective-hearing.com/pax-prime-2013-everything-else/

For the Giant Bomb fans wondering, I sat stage right but you don't see me. You see the aftermath AFTER I caught one of the Disney Infinity character packs being thrown into the crowd at 1 hour and 18 mins into the panel video.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2626 on: October 18, 2013, 07:34:45 PM »
There was a sale for this game a day or two ago and I decide to try it out.

I gotta say, not bad for one person to create by themselves.  :yep:

Offline Asmodai

• By the sea
  • Foundation
  • Member+
« Reply #2627 on: October 18, 2013, 11:28:51 PM »
Surprised to hear that Watch Dogs (or Peeping Pooches as I call it) has been delayed to 2014 when it's due to be released as a launch title with PS4 next month.  Interesting to hear people speculating on why it happened. Was it a last minute realisation that the game isn't very good and needs more work? I would agree that the move was financial. Considering it's a new IP launched on the same month as Assassins Creed 4, which looks to appeal to the same audience, as well as COD, Battlefield and new consoles might have an impact on sales. Still, the news comes as a kick in the teeth to those who had Watch Dogs as the launch game to get.

Yeah, I'm seeing less and less reason to get my PS4 in Nov or December. I might as well wait till May/June next year when the first wave of system problems are dealt with and there's more of a library.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2628 on: October 23, 2013, 03:10:18 AM »
A friend is offering to sell me his 3DS. I've wanted to get back into Pokemon again, and play other games such as Animal Crossing: NL and Mario Kart. Still thinking about his offer. I am thinking about the PS4 as well. Maybe I should just put money towards that. I think I can wait a couple more years for a price drop in the 3DS.
"Under the beautiful blue sky"

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2629 on: October 24, 2013, 01:45:56 AM »
Started playing Hotline Miami again after leaving it untouched for a super long time.  I mainly got it cuz it looked cool and the music is AWESOME.  Then I played the first level... I was like, fuck me, what did I get myself into? XD But that was back then, now I was motivated to give it another shot.  Oh man, had way too much fun ending baddies in all kinds of ways.  Lotsa dying during trial and error, but not to the point where it makes me want to smash my computer. LOL

I'm taking a break from it cuz I'm at the Deadline chapter and that fucking mini-boss is RIDICULOUS.  Getting run over the first time startled me, but by the 2nd, 4th, 6th time all I could do was shake my head and laugh. 

Offline JFC

• Miki's Birthday Twin
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • jfcantalejo
    • jfcantalejo
« Reply #2630 on: October 25, 2013, 02:22:23 AM »
Admit it, at some point of your childhood, you wondered what the hell "Nintendo" and/or "SEGA" actually meant.

Acronyms and in-jokes: The origins of your favourite Japanese video game companies’ names

As much as we like to think of ourselves as free thinkers and immune to corporate advertising, there’s no denying that brand names have found their way into pretty much every facet of our daily lives. Many North Americans routinely use “Kleenex” in place of the word tissue; in the UK it’s not unusual to hear people say that they’re about to “hoover up” when referring to running a vacuum cleaner; and in its heyday pretty much any portable gaming device was casually referred to as a Gameboy.

The likes of Nintendo and Sony have been household names for years, but did you ever wonder where these names come from and what they might mean in their native language? Author of Japanmanship and game developer James Kay sheds some light on the origins of the names Japan’s biggest video game companies use, from Capcom to SNK, and has generously shared a few snippets of info with RocketNews24 for our enjoyment and nerdy enlightenment.

Find out where those world-famous names really come from after the jump. [by clicking the link].
LINK - http://en.rocketnews24.com/2013/10/24/acronyms-and-in-jokes-the-origins-of-your-favourite-japanese-video-game-companies-names/

JPH!P :heart:'s kuro808, Fushigidane, ChrNo, Jab & marimari. Always.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2631 on: October 26, 2013, 01:21:30 AM »
Haha, it's weird how I knew most of those!

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2632 on: October 26, 2013, 08:57:21 AM »
Bro came over for a few days and we played the fuck out of Minecraft. :D  Oh MC, how I've missed thee.  Is the JPH!P server still around? XD I had that epic multistory tower next to a lake...

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2633 on: October 27, 2013, 08:25:16 PM »
Can any pokemon fans tell me the name of this fella?

The posts using its pictures on tumblr always crack me up.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2634 on: October 27, 2013, 09:47:09 PM »
That's Espurr, the psychic cat

Offline Disco

• Member+
« Reply #2635 on: November 01, 2013, 03:36:09 PM »
Hello all, I posted my very first video on YouTube that you ought to check out If you fancy pseudo-intellectual babble about video games.
I worked really hard on it.
If any of you have any constructive feedback that I can apply to future videos, do let me know!
And stick around if you like it, I have more of the same type of video planned for sometime in the future. :thumbup

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteComet623/videos

Credits to Kawaii Beam for the awesome sig.
Visit my channel!

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2636 on: November 01, 2013, 04:32:34 PM »
I bought Tekken Tag 2 last night. Probably not a good idea, since I'm still high on GTA.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2013, 06:51:37 PM by mode107 »

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2637 on: November 01, 2013, 10:08:30 PM »
Hello all, I posted my very first video on YouTube that you ought to check out If you fancy pseudo-intellectual babble about video games.
I worked really hard on it.
If any of you have any constructive feedback that I can apply to future videos, do let me know!
And stick around if you like it, I have more of the same type of video planned for sometime in the future. :thumbup

http://www.youtube.com/user/WhiteComet623/videos

Nice! Haven't played Flower but I found your video informative! I think it's one of those games capable of telling a story in a way only the medium can deliver.

Offline mode107

• Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #2638 on: November 03, 2013, 03:57:51 AM »
Game confession: I confess that I refer to my favorite game characters as "baby."

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2639 on: November 03, 2013, 12:33:53 PM »
This is hilarious :lol:

JPHiP Radio (15/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Blackpink - Kick It (JP Ver.)