JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Hypnotic Dancefloor

Author Topic: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread  (Read 1004847 times)

Offline shirenuファクトリー

• Flipper
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
Re: The Gaming Postwhoring Thread
« Reply #2640 on: November 03, 2013, 03:39:45 PM »
OH TUFFTY I LAUGHED SO MUCH I CRIED OH MY GOD
LJ★  ~Rest in Peace marimari, Jabronisaur, ChrNo & Fushigidane

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2641 on: November 04, 2013, 12:39:01 AM »
Really enjoy Far Cry 3, I think it's a great, gorgeous looking game....But the fall damage just ruins it. It's one thing to fall off a short distance and receive damage, that's understandable, but when you're jumping just a tiny distance down it seems to register it as a major fall and you end up losing health. I've ended up dying more often from falls that seem reasonable but actually take away my health and kill me. And any health you lose needs to be replenished which either wastes a medkit or this lengthy animation of you patching yourself up. Every. Time. I hear Blood Dragon removes that aspect which in my mind, already makes for a better game.

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2642 on: November 06, 2013, 04:13:58 PM »
I got the new version (well new to me) version of FRAPS today, that lets you record your voice while playing a game, that all the let's play people use on their videos, so I thought I'd try it for one of the fihgting missions in Batman to test it out:

btw, I suck, haha I haven't played it seriously in a year and forgot most of the stuff.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2643 on: November 06, 2013, 09:46:50 PM »
Oh nice! Think I will always have a passing interest in recording my own gameplay, considering some of the stuff that happens, but I dunno, it's probably boring to everyone else and I don't think I would make the most exciting commentator. XD

You gonna play Arkham Origins pika?

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2644 on: November 07, 2013, 06:01:05 AM »
Hahahha ... no I don't want to suffer :(
Even though I'm sure I'd do well now that I know the fighting system, after the hell of the second game I'm not sure I ever want to play one again, I remember I vowed not to, lol

Offline winner

• 絶望的に愛してる
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • kyotsky
« Reply #2645 on: November 09, 2013, 11:16:35 AM »
Good to know Blizzard still has nice game trailers.

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #2646 on: November 11, 2013, 09:01:20 PM »
been getting some emulators for my tablet...hopefully i can get a bluetooth controller for them cuz it's kinda weird using the touch controls, especially for the racing games...

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2647 on: November 16, 2013, 12:43:31 AM »
Found a pretty serious freezing glitch after beating a mission in Jak 2 HD, enough to halt progress of the game and can't get past it. Pretty annoying that there's no patch for it either and this far after release I don't see a fix coming out. *sigh*

I don't need a PS4 right now, but I would really like one all the same.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2648 on: November 16, 2013, 10:36:35 AM »
^ I have the same feeling.

I tend of wait at least a year or close to it if/when I get a new console, and this isn't any different. Except that it's been so long since we have new hardware that having anything new would be great.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline zoolander

• Your world frightens and confuses me...
  • Member+
« Reply #2649 on: November 16, 2013, 07:59:00 PM »
There just aren't any games for it I want tbh. I usually wait a couple years until there are some good exclusives and let the hardware and firmware issues get ironed out.

I am seriously considering getting a Wii U though :lol: Mario 3D world looks absolutely incredible. : o

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #2650 on: November 17, 2013, 10:20:07 AM »
Yesterday I caught FTL on sale at the Humble store and oh man, I love it. I managed to get to the final sector and the boss fight today. Alas, I was so ill-equipped that I couldn't even damage the rebel flagship. T__T

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2651 on: November 17, 2013, 09:30:21 PM »
Yesterday I caught FTL on sale at the Humble store and oh man, I love it. I managed to get to the final sector and the boss fight today. Alas, I was so ill-equipped that I couldn't even damage the rebel flagship. T__T

Been meaning to play FTL! Sounds great. Really like the sound of Spelunky too, another roguelike.

Played and completed the first episode of The Wolf Among Us. It was so fucking awesome! If you're a fan of The Walking Dead games, then absolutely try this out. Great premise, great dialogue and a great story where, like with TWD, your choices matter. Can't wait for the remaining episodes.

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2652 on: November 17, 2013, 11:03:33 PM »
Played and completed the first episode of The Wolf Among Us. It was so fucking awesome! If you're a fan of The Walking Dead games, then absolutely try this out. Great premise, great dialogue and a great story where, like with TWD, your choices matter. Can't wait for the remaining episodes.

I've been contemplating on picking up The Wolf Among Us after I started reading Fables last month. If it's as good as The Walking Dead I'm willing to give it a try. But right now I'm stuck with Phoenix Wright, Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies, along with all 5 Professor Layton games. Also I'm tempted to buy a ton of Virtual Console games on the Nintendo eShop, especially The Legend of Zelda and Zelda II: The Adventure of Link, which are currently on sale.

Why did I decide to buy a 3DS this month?  :panic:

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2653 on: November 18, 2013, 12:30:50 AM »
You totally should Hart. Won't regret it, trust me. Also, don't forget S2 of The Walking Dead comes out this year at some point.

Completed Shadow of the Colossus today too. Few games match it for adventure and scale. I like how despite the premise of fighting against these giant beasts, it is almost like a puzzle game as you work out how to expose the enemies weakpoints. Beautiful game.

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #2654 on: November 18, 2013, 03:41:38 AM »
FTL is Oregon Trail in space. How can you not want to play that?

Also, even on easy I never even seen the final boss. Always get destroyed before it.
I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline Kimuuu

• Radish
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • strawb3rrykream's girl <3
« Reply #2655 on: November 18, 2013, 06:03:46 AM »
FTL is Oregon Trail in space. How can you not want to play that?

Also, even on easy I never even seen the final boss. Always get destroyed before it.

I think there's some luck involved too. XD Today I died during my first battle. I was like... really?????

Offline Hart

• Just a passing Postwhore
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • DarK_HarT46
    • Hart_1444
« Reply #2656 on: November 19, 2013, 03:16:51 PM »
You totally should Hart. Won't regret it, trust me.  Also, don't forget S2 of The Walking Dead comes out this year at some point.

Oh, I will buy the game.....right after I read a few more volumes of Fables to get an idea of who Bigby Wolf is, even though the game takes place way before the comic series began.

Speaking of TWD, completely forgot I haven't finished 500 Days. Also way behind on the comics. I need to work on my time management.

Offline Tuffty

• Shadowstar's Boy Toy
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #2657 on: November 20, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
So disappointing to hear that Forza 5 and Crimson Dragon, easily two of my most anticipated Xbox One launch games, are burdened by some pretty egregious free-to-play-esque paywalls that hinder progression. Crimson Dragon has actual dragons, items and stages locked behind in game credits which you could grind for, or pay real money. Forza 5 has cars hidden away behind in game money. According to the Eurogamer review, playing for an hour can net you 100,000 credits. But considering some cars are worth 1 million credits or more, it sounds like a pretty serious grind. But hey you can always pay real money...

I don't have an issue with that being in iPhone games, where the game itself is free and if you like it enough you can pay money towards it (to an extent, I certainly feel that Candy Crush's later levels are purposefully designed in such a way that you simply can't beat it without purchasing powerups). But I find it rather insulting that not only does this exist in full retail price games (Crimson Dragon is a downloadable game worth $20, Forza 5 being worth $60!) but it has an impact on the design of the game. Knowing full well this was going to be in there means the game designers made a clear decision to cordon off the game and have it be monotonous in such a way that having to pay real money to speed up progression is the better option. It hinders or blocks any sense of progression I can have with the game and removes any sense of accomplishment from playing it. I want to feel like I earned that car through some skillful driving or that I reached this stage in the game because I was continually getting better at the game. That's gone if I have to pay real money to achieve that, just because grinding for 10hrs for one item or stage of many just simply isn't worth my time, playing the same levels over and over again nor do I even have the time now in my life to make that kind of commitment.

It's simple, you either:

- Have those games free and add in the free to play stuff, possibly prompting $20 or more to completely remove those barriers, the F2P transactions and then just make it be a game as you would expect.
- Have those games set at the retail price and don't include that F2P stuff at all.

This issue didn't bother me so much when it first started creeping into EA Sports games I didn't care about but the fact it's now showing up in games I have an interest in and in a series which I really like, does give me cause for concern about how some of these games will be made in the future and what impact that will have.

Rant over. XD

Offline pikapikapika

• ピンクの稲妻!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Pika~!
    • pikathree
    • pikathree
« Reply #2658 on: November 21, 2013, 05:41:47 AM »

I did not know there was a longer version to this  :O

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
« Reply #2659 on: November 24, 2013, 05:34:17 PM »
The Playstation 4 is coming out so people are massively dumping their PS2 games!

I managed to pick up a nice set. I cleaned them, sorted them and added them to my collection:

Not everything is pictured, I also have some boxes and Japanese games. The total is 121 games excluding doubles (12x)  :twothumbs

Still missing a lot of good titles, but I'm hoping I can pick up another set which has the genres I'm missing (such as horror games).

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: BoA - Hypnotic Dancefloor