JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Gone

Author Topic: [2010.07.01] AKB48 Official Guest of Honor of Anime Expo 2010 (GIRLS ANNOUNCED!)  (Read 61341 times)

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
here's a trailer XD

THE MEMBERS GOING HAVE BEEN ANNOUNCED!

http://ameblo.jp/akihabara48/entry-10546541103.html

Team A: Kuramochi Asuka, Kojima Haruna, Sashihara Rino, Takajo Aki, Takahashi Minami, Maeda Atsuko, Maeda Ami
Team K: Akimoto Sayaka, Itano Tomomi, Oshima Yuko, Ono Erena, Nito Moeno, Fujie Reina, Minegishi Minami, Miyazawa Sae
Team B: Kitahara Rie

Sayaka!! Acchan! OBILIR!! WOO HOO!!! :panic:

Yes, there is a small hope I can go. And with someone u may know from the old JPM times, daigong.

AW SHIT. Now that would give me a Purpus to go, I'd love to meet him!

I'm going to ASSume you are going GANBATTE Ange!! :halo:

Offline Sayange

• Akimoto Sayaka Chronic Fangirl
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Twin Towers <3
LOL! No. Even more surprising than Purpus! :lol: Although I should ask him to go to represent the old school :twothumbs

Saeyaka.com: Killing your bandwidth with hotness since 2007
Follow SaeYaka blog at Twitter @saeyaka48

Offline Ishtar

• ecchi
  • Member+
  • (beautifuldeformity)
I LIVE VERY CLOSE OF L.A AND I CAN'T GO >.<
I need Takamina in my life  :banghead:

Offline SomethingWild

• ほっといてよ~ うざいんだよ
  • Member+
  • 君の泣き顔は見たくないよ!
If AKB is still around on the 3rd, be sure to sing Happy Birthday to Tomochin  :) Last year she wasn't at the Japan Expo, but during the conference we mentioned Tomochin's birthday and the other girls were all surprised/happy that we apparently know their birthdays  :lol:

Offline clockface

• Member+
Anything can still happen from now on but all hail the new Japanese International Ambassadors; Akicha & Kitarie. Both have gotten passport stamps from Paris, Cannes, NY and soon LA! That's alot of airmiles...
Be sure to mention that to them!

Offline littleteeeee

so it was announced couple days ago that shuttles service is no longer free for those staying within the AX hotel block.  :angry:

http://www.anime-expo.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=13090

This sucks.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ that's all right..I usually walk down there anyway..how far is the Westin from the center?

Offline littleteeeee

maybe a 20-30 min walk (i'm a slow walker :P). If you walk to 7th and Figueroa (about 10-15 min walk), you can take the F DASH bus to LACC and it costs 25 cents. They run every 10 minutes but does not run on 4th of July. Fortunately, i live around there so I'll be taking the car or getting dropped off.

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
where is the closest hotel near the LACC, because i want to get there, unpack and get in line quick

Offline littleteeeee

that would be the JW Mariott, across the street from LACC and it's part of LA Live. Also within walking distance is Figueroa Hotel and Luxe.

http://www.anime-expo.org/registration/hotels/

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
For one, I just want to say DO NOT EVEN CONSIDER THE FIGUEROA HOTEL, unless you like terrible service, dirty rooms, cockroaches, and a boss who will yell you out of the building. That warning said, look at AX's registration if you wanna book through them and see what's still open. I'd have peek but my reservation is in there and I don't wanna mess it up.  :nervous

I sure wish more would be announced. Like if they are having extra events or a booth at the hall and whatnot. I keep having these (likely deluded) fantasies in my head that AKB48 will do multiple little things at the con but I'm probably just getting my hopes up. Oh well, my main goal is the concert and the panel too of course. Anything else is just a nice bonus. My bigger concern is hopefully finding some time to go back to Little Tokyo. Surely there'll be an afternoon where not much is going on at the con and I can bus over there. I really wanna go back there, but my flight's pretty early the day after the con, and kinda late getting in. I guess I could take a cab but I don't know a whole lot about doing that.  :nervous Guess I could walk there but it is a bit of a walk in what doesn't look like the most awesome area. Hopefully they'll walk the hall a bit like NYAF, and I can at least tell the Team K girls how fucking awesome their team is. :lol:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
What about the Westin?? That would be the one MM stayed at. Also where True Lies was filmed XD

Is anyone planning gifts! shit a month to go :panic:

LOL! No. Even more surprising than Purpus! :lol: Although I should ask him to go to represent the old school :twothumbs

LOLWUT!! Hmm.....Son Goku?? Everyone I know from JPM has joined JPHiP lol

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
@Datalanche: I walked to Little Tokyo by myself on the last day of the expo, almost couldn't find it. scared to walk alone because of all the people out there. If you need someone to go with you or take a bus ride there, I'll go with you.

Offline Datalanche

• ecchi
  • Member+
^ lol, Thanks but I'm sure there'll be one afternoon where AKB isn't going anything at the con. Plus I do have my GPS, although I only got it to work one time in LA last year. :smhid The dart buses make it really quick and easy to get there, but they stop running at... I think it's 5PM. Really wish I could stay an extra day but money's not on my side on that one. :nervous
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 06:12:33 PM by Datalanche »

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
^ well, how long do they take and how much money? wish we had our group settled in...

only a month to go!

Offline devimon2k9

• Member+
question, since I new to AX, do you have to register first before you can order your tickets?

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
Hi SakuraTheShadow! :welcome to JPHiP

Yes. there will be a HUGE line, luckily I had my friends go in line for me (I <3 Jabronisaur) and it took them from a little after 2pm to closing time 6pm ?? Guys came after on Day 1 and it didn't take too long.

And yes. devimon2k9 you gotta have a Day pass at least to get a ticket. Two different lines, unless it changed this year.

Offline Aa!rita

• みんなよろしくにゃん♪\(^o^)/
Anyone lining up early on DAY0?
I plan to be there very, very early and I need help with at least one or two more people to get the front seat @ concert

Offline cool_kickin_dude

• Member+
 it all hinges in me being off the 30th, but I believe I'm landing at night. I wish I could, but can you get me front row seats?

Offline littleteeeee

just so you know, this year they are not allowing other people to pick up other people's badges.

JPHiP Radio (12/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Wonder Girls - Gone