JPHiP Radio (13/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: L`Arc~en~Ciel - DRINK IT DOWN

Author Topic: The Official Rap Thread  (Read 681765 times)

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
Re: The Official Rap Thread
« Reply #1920 on: November 27, 2011, 06:12:09 AM »

The best rap battle ever :thumbup :lol:

Offline daigong

• Communist Master of Ass
  • Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1921 on: November 28, 2011, 10:20:20 AM »
^ WTH LOL. Almost as epic as Ghostface using "rear naked choke hold" in a record.

Been over THREE YEARS but it was worth the wait. METHOD MAN returns to E-TOWN! for another show, this time without Redman.

Got there late and the white guy from Swollen Members was opening and laid out their hits....then the DJ Warming up the crowd with This is How We Do It and clean verrsion of All Eyez On Me WTH lol I swore I heard Meth in the background going "This record sucks" to the tracks

THEN HE BURSTS OUT ON THE SCENE!!! with RELEASE YO DELF

He was like all "I love the Oilers" and was takin puffs from the crowd's weed. He didn't really get too far with the crowd walking :lol: Of course Streetlife was there too and he did a bunch of Classic tracks from Method Man to

DJ ALLAH Mathematics even got to scratch. THIS AINT A HIP HOP SHOW IF U AINT JUMPIN as he spit Bring The Ruckus, ODB tribute with Shimmy Shimmy Ya and Gimme Your Money

He did some Blackout 2 or 4:20 track with Redman that "COME ON!" song How High Part 2 "I'll show Red I can do this track without him" then promises later to bring Red back with him YEAAH BOY

Streetlife was like sipping champagne, "Aight, I'll sit right here"

Here's da Fancam

WHAT THE BLOOD CLOT!!

love dat Classic Tical shit. Always beneficial to stand behind white girls bboying up a storm, great view of the stage LOL! but man I dunno, I swore the show was longer but :pimp:

Suddenly he comes back on stage in a Method Man Wu-logo shirt and chucks it up with those who still there. And I'm like squeezin past hoes trying to get their CDs signed and wavin the SNSD Pamphlets IN HIS FACE XD "YO METH!! CHECK DIS!" and he's just trying on everyone hats then leaves lol

Stuck around even longer as the DJ kept playin New Wu and shit, and saw the Ho Train get led off to another part of club by the manager lady. when she returns I was like "Yo Give this to Meth" and she was like all squinting WTH but was like smiles sure. LMFAO! Never fanboy'd stalked at a rap show before but what I do for :jphip:

I copped dis. RIP ODB!!! Free stickers lol

WU-TANG AIN'T NUTTIN TO FUCK WIT!!

(thx claymore & ?uestlove via twitter)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 10:30:37 AM by daigong »

Offline thatonezombie

• 67th Mr. Mountain
  • Member+
  • "Homie, you're the Lupe Fiasco of JPH!P" - Masa
    • thatonezombie
« Reply #1922 on: December 02, 2011, 06:27:13 AM »
The Message live at the Grammys

I vote for TOZ as the most gangsta~  :otomerika:
[01:35] <shirenu> if it ain't zomb, it ain't bomb
Visit TOZ's House of Hits http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=23639.0

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1923 on: December 04, 2011, 11:44:17 AM »
  Meth tells it like it is. FUCK DEM GOSSIP BLOGS.

Talib new joint, a RZA produced track!

Highly Anticipated :lol:

lol best mix tape cover ever cop it here: http://www.djbooth.net/index/mixtapes/entry/raekwon-dope-on-the-table/

Actually Rae had a dope article in GQ: http://www.gq.com/entertainment/music/201111/raekwon-gq-music-issue (peep the video too)

In 1993, Wu-Tang Clan entered the rap galaxy from the strange planet of Staten Island, and proceeded to revolutionize the genre with their blend of filthy, merciless, and apocalyptic rhymes. The crew had its hams (Method Man, Ol' Dirty Bastard) and its cagey mastermind (RZA), but nearly two decades later, none has proved as steadfast and technically skilled as Corey Woods AKA Raekwon the Chef. With each syllable carefully selected, each bar exhaustively sharpened, his flow falls in seamless lockstep with the beat—rapping's platonic ideal. Here, Raekwon, 41, talks about Wu-Tang's beginnings, and his continuing collaborations with soul mate and fellow Clan vet Ghostface Killah.

GQ: From the very start, Wu-Tang always had critical support. How important has that been for the group?
 Raekwon: We grew up on the critics paying attention to us and saying, Yo, ya'll got it. We peep the spark somewhere. When I sit here and see that the eight brothers from the neighborhood that I grew up with still have success, it had to be magical. I doubt if you get another Wu-Tang Clan. That might be harder than getting the new Jackson Five. Certain groups you only get one time, and we just happened to be that group.

GQ: Even with the success that Wu-Tang has had, have you had any low points as an artist?
 Raekwon: In the early 2000s I was going through a lot. I didn't have my head screwed on right. Where I was at as a man, I was still growing up. We had success quick, we didn't have an opportunity to look at a lot of things that really we had to look at. My world was caving in for a minute, and it took a lot of people to come at me, like, Yo, we gon' get you right, but you gotta get you right. All I did was take my time, figure out where I made a lot of mistakes and try not to make them no more.

GQ: Unlike a lot of MCs, you're better known for albums than singles—have you ever been talked into chasing a hit?
 Raekwon: Yeah, and that was around of the time of my slump. I'm not an artist that makes singles, I'm an artist that makes albums, and it's a totally different thing. People judge you whether your record is hot on the TV, and I happen to not be in that situation. These A&Rs is so backward sometimes, they think they know everything: Yo, do this, you need a radio record. My thing was always—When you say that, that's when you fucking me up. When we came into the game it was all about what the people felt. They made the decisions. [During the slump] I had to really sit back and think of all the mechanics of how can Rae get better. And I'm always gonna stick my head out to what the masses want.
 I doubt if you get another Wu-Tang Clan. That might be harder than getting the new Jackson Five.

GQ: In 2009, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... Pt. II really rejuvenated your career. Before its release, how confident were you that it'd be a success?
 Raekwon: I mean, I felt like I gave ya'll a great album. My heart was like, Yo, if they don't get this? I might go into gospel. [Laughs] I wasn't trying to out-do the first Cuban Linx, I was trying to go back to that great chemistry. I gave ya'll what I felt I had. And I know I'm better than that, too, so get ready for some more.

GQ: You and Ghostface have one of the best collaborative relationships in hip-hop. What was it like working together in the early days?
 Raekwon: A lot of times, we would be the first cats at the studio. Me and him were like the kids that sat in the front of the class. I might come in and he already hogging the mic, and I'm like, Yo, that's where it need to be at! And I just touch it because I'm there to touch it. Me and Ghost sat around and wrote multiple songs together. We did [the song] "The Watch" together, the children's one where he's talking about Wilma and Woody Woodpecker ["The Forest"]. We sat around and wrote many joints together. When I first came into Wu-Tang, I was just a team player: Nah, say this word, or, He just said that word, so we gon' say another word. We was always heavily in tune with the darts.

GQ: Do you think that you and Ghost have influenced each other's styles over the years?
 Raekwon: Definitely. Ghost tells me every few years, Yo, you showed me this style ... I'm like, man, we the same style. At the end of the day, he's one of my favorite rappers, I'm one of his favorite rappers, and we just do it. We identify with each other's worlds when it comes to rhyming. This's something that n****s peep. It's like, Yo, it's time to take the dog outside. You know what I mean? We got this all day. Easy.

GQ: Do you have a favorite collaboration?
 Raekwon: Nah, to be honest with you, I don't have one track that I consider better than the next because all I'm trying to do is still grow as an artist. I got way better since the early nineties, as far as putting words together. My best energy probably was the '90s, because I was new. But as you keep shooting the ball, you become a better basketball player. I don't think we ever gonna get weak when it comes to lyrics. That really was an inheritance with us.

GQ: Have you and Ghost had personal disputes that haven't made it to the public eye?
 Raekwon: I mean, we men, men gon' go through things. But we for each other. The main thing I look at is: Is it from the heart? If I know that you down with me, then we always gonna be down through whatever the thick and thin. I know where he going and he know where I'm going. When we sit on the bus, we play us some soul music, we reminisce, we eat some good food, and just sit down and talk as brothers.

And just to prove he da Genius, GZA speaks at Harvard  :pimp:

Talking about BRUCE LEE.  "One must sharpen the sword, constantly study."

NEW KARDI!! When dat Mr. International gonna drop???

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1924 on: December 05, 2011, 08:06:21 AM »
This album is about to be a classic. So Ill. Feel da Chill.

Common – The Believer f. John Legend, listen here: http://soundcloud.com/thinkcommon/common-the-believer-ft-john

lol and then we gots Young Jeezy tracklist:

01. Waiting (prod. Lil Lody)
 02. What I Do (Just Like That) (prod. Drumma Boy)
 03. O.J. f. Jadakiss & Fabolous (prod. Lil Lody)
 04. Nothing (prod. Lil Lody)
 05. Way Too Gone f. Future (prod. Mike Will)
 06. Supafreak f. 2 Chainz (prod. D. Rich)
 07. All We Do (prod. Midnight Black)
 08. Leave You Alone f. Ne-Yo (prod. Warren G)
 09. Everythang (prod. Lil Lody)
 10. Trapped f. Jill Scott (prod. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
 11. F.A.M.E. f. T.I. (prod. J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League)
 12. I Do f. Jay-Z & Andre 3000 (prod. M16)
 13. Higher Learning f. Snoop Dogg, Devin The Dude & Mitchelle’l (prod. Lil C)
 14. This One’s For You f. Trick Daddy (prod. Lil Lody)

BONUS:
 15. Talk 2 Me f. Freddie Gibbs & Eminem (prod. Drumma Boy & Travis Barker)

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1925 on: December 06, 2011, 02:33:02 AM »
FUCK YES.

Wu-Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah has provided fans with a slight update surrounding talks of a forthcoming collaborative project alongside MF Doom and explained its delay.

As things stand now, Ghost said the project has stalled due to timing and not from lack of records.
"He did some beats on [2006's] Fishscale for me and everything's just been, it was just history," Ghost said in an interview with host T-RexXx referring to MF Doom. "But uh, as far as the album, we've done a lot of songs. He's got a lot of songs for me and I'm still waiting for him to send me more songs. We talked about the album -- I'll tell him, 'Yo, people want the album. Everywhere I go, they want it, they want it.' But the ball's in his corner. So I'm just waiting on him because I've been pressing the issue. He said, 'Yo, we'll get it together' -- it's gonna happen 'cause he got all the records. He's got a lot of records. It's just the time, like, when." (RapCity)

WHO KNEW Rap City was still on air!! video here: http://www.muchmusic.com/videos/videos.aspx?vid=578956

via http://www.sohh.com/2011/12/ghostface_killah_still_planning_dooms_da.html

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1926 on: December 06, 2011, 06:41:41 AM »

The Chael Sonnen of rap music :thumbup

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1927 on: December 06, 2011, 08:27:04 AM »
rap city came back earlier this year. T-Rexx is a real big name supporter in the t.o. underground hip hop scene. For him to take the hosting duties at much music and for the return of Rap City was big news. He cares for hip hop.

other than that, i knew it was on DOOM. dude's been taking his sweet ass time with music these days =)

FUCK YES.

Wu-Tang Clan member Ghostface Killah has provided fans with a slight update surrounding talks of a forthcoming collaborative project alongside MF Doom and explained its delay.

As things stand now, Ghost said the project has stalled due to timing and not from lack of records.
"He did some beats on [2006's] Fishscale for me and everything's just been, it was just history," Ghost said in an interview with host T-RexXx referring to MF Doom. "But uh, as far as the album, we've done a lot of songs. He's got a lot of songs for me and I'm still waiting for him to send me more songs. We talked about the album -- I'll tell him, 'Yo, people want the album. Everywhere I go, they want it, they want it.' But the ball's in his corner. So I'm just waiting on him because I've been pressing the issue. He said, 'Yo, we'll get it together' -- it's gonna happen 'cause he got all the records. He's got a lot of records. It's just the time, like, when." (RapCity)

WHO KNEW Rap City was still on air!! video here: http://www.muchmusic.com/videos/videos.aspx?vid=578956

via http://www.sohh.com/2011/12/ghostface_killah_still_planning_dooms_da.html
word.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1928 on: December 11, 2011, 12:36:57 PM »
 It's been 15 years but FINALLY!! GHOSTFACE KILLAH RETURNS TO CANADA!!! :canada:  O0 Friday nite in E-TOWN!!!

Did a lotta shit from Ironman, Apollo Kids, BE EASY, Wu-Classics, CREAM, Ice Cream, even America is Dying slowly, and of course the mandatory Shimmy Shimmy Ya

The venue was pretty fuckin strict in moshing or whatever, even some dudes with hats backwards :lol: and shit HOLY FUCK there was so many fuckers getting shipped out, that was close! So made the crowd uptight? cuz Ghost was all like "WTH" when GZA shit comes on crowd goes wild and I'm like the only guy there shouting out lyrics lol during the Wu set. Ghost sure had a lotta entourage so he could like get high in the background as they did the songs lol

Show lasted a good 1.5 hrs cuz bars close at 2AM not bad for a rap show.

Here's da fancam:

And so when they said "SURPRISE! WE gonna be at the mech booth signing autographs!" instead of me leaping on stage, I could actually show the pamphlets I made outta TOZ SNSD vs Wu-Tang thread http://forum.jphip.com/index.php?topic=19581.0

FUCK LIKE BLAM!!! I didn't buy shit at all but he was so chill. I was like "YO! Ghost check this out" and he was all staring and reading it and I'm like pointing at the Gee pic "They the Korean Wu-Tang" and he was all stoned or chucklin LMAO and signed a copy for myself too:

Even though his manager was all like hey nuff of this, Ghost was all yeahman aight and chuckled when I told him Wu gotta come back to Canada as a group n shit. FUCK!! Can't believe I met him up close LMFAO

And Killah Priest too, never knew he was so fat haha. JPHiPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP G.G.!!! WU-TANG!!!!  :jphip: got in a greezy pic with em :P

FUCK! Anyone else in Canada went cuz this was like once in a lifetime kinda moment?!! 1996 baby, I think the whole Wu was in Toronto.

Offline electric mole

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1929 on: December 13, 2011, 04:08:16 AM »

Offline Masa

• Administrator
  • Member++
« Reply #1930 on: December 19, 2011, 05:07:38 AM »

Offline MochaNutz

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #1931 on: December 20, 2011, 08:37:31 PM »
according the wutang fb page, Methodman in officially working on his last album produced by the RZA.

hopefully its like the Cure and RZA saved beats for the final shebang.
With Meth 'retiring', perhaps RZA isn't too far behind and the Cure will drop before Detox =P

« Last Edit: December 20, 2011, 08:49:00 PM by MochaNutz »
word.

Offline J-Triumf

• AKA J-T the smalla balla
  • Magazine
  • Member+
  • まじで?マジデ???
    • JTriumf
« Reply #1932 on: December 21, 2011, 08:19:17 AM »
Ridin' the subway so hard, motherfuckers tryin' to record him... :lol:

ねぇ、笑って?
J-Triumf @ SoundCloud - Twitter - Tumblr - CuriousCat - IT'S CRAZY!!!!!

Offline TheLinkin0213

• Member+
« Reply #1933 on: December 23, 2011, 12:35:04 PM »

Offline john_hung

• KOBUSHI-GUMI
  • ecchi
  • Member+
    • dave_akuma
    • dave_skeptical
« Reply #1934 on: December 25, 2011, 11:46:08 PM »

:rofl:

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1935 on: December 30, 2011, 08:39:01 AM »
^ FUCK lol well, it takes Meth forever to finish an album so he might as well retire too. :lol:

Finally listened to this 10 billion times to write some shit! Reviewing Common's new album "The Dreamer The Believer" Just wall to wall soulfulness brought to you with MCing style this side of GZA.

cop it: http://itunes.apple.com/ca/album/the-dreamer-the-believer/id484275413

Diggin the HARD Common Sense - "Sweet" tears current wack MCs a new asshole and yea so Common don't want beef but straight up he ripping all those who can't even string a rhyme together singing like they Frank Sinatra - and who KNEW you'd here Kardinal Reggae horns haha on "Raw (How You Like It)" that kinda let's wrestle beat with storytelling and you KNOWS I play "Ghetto Dreams" 2 hours straight on HHH - and then be that father-husband romantic style insta-tama-chan ANTHEM tracks that takes you into another world world world. "CLOTH" is da jam man, like get on your knees and propose to your girl theme "Lovin I Lost" fills me up with that kinda regret, wish her well feeling - helps with an addictive hook too. "Blue Sky" already be Tama Anthem #3782759379732972937592

Real inspirational is the front and back tracks "The Dreamer" and "The Believer" each one laced with that infectious hook, each lays out the blueprint on how to live yo life and keep on KEEP ON STRUGGLING :fap HARD TO SEE LESSONS IN VIOLENT CULTURE. But my fave is "Gold" - lol love "Hot Tub Time Machine" lyric - the story is REDEMPTION. The journey keeps on unfolding, even if you DA BAWS I’m sitting at the top, I’m not alone. I’m standing here with my soul also, really feelin this verse, like a page outta my life:

Frivolous spending, drunk nights with storybook endings
 I guess it’s my addiction to women
 I was in France, Hennessey blending :xo:
 Writing my own scripts like I’m Tennessee Williams
 Now it’s new beginnings like a born again Christian
 On the mic, victorious, story is redemption

LIKE WERD. no ID's production is soft with just enough piano and drum beats that keep ya head noddin.

"Windows" is a sweet track, being responsible parent blahblah but shit, if there's any criticism, it's the length. I get the Poppa Wu inspirational track with Pops Belief rant but it coulda been like Maya Angelou's in the "The Dreamer" but hey, could threw in a few more rhymes at the end lol. Overall. THIS is what HiP HoP so sorely needs - MCing and Storytelling. That shit that makes you rewind and contemplate the fuck we doing with our lives. Fucking rhymes that educate coupled with soulful beats.

HiP HoP ALBUM OF THE YEAR

Yo. what's yer Top Ten Rap Albums of 2011? POST DAT SHIT.

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1936 on: January 01, 2012, 12:05:10 AM »
yU dope shit! real MCing here:

anyone cop dat Rae mix tape! FUCKIN CRACK! http://www.hulkshare.com/5nln4pdavoco

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1937 on: January 01, 2012, 08:58:41 AM »
^ BONG! BONG! yo cop dat shit: http://www.datpiff.com/Raekwon-Unexpected-Victory-mixtape.295793.html

1. INTRO
2. JUST A TOAST FT JD ERA (PROD BY MARK HENRY)
3. THE BREWERY FT CEAZAR-N-REASON (PROD BY SCRAM JONES)
4. A PINEBOX STORY (PROD BY 9TH WONDER)
5. GOODFELLAS FT JD ERA & CAMOFLAUGE (PROD BY PRO LOGIC & MOSS)
6. SILK FT CL SMOOTH & SAUCE MONEY & BIG B (PROD BY SCRAM JONES)
7. THAT GOOD GOOD FT ALTRINA RENEE (PROD BY SCRAM JONES & BLICKSTREET)
8. LUXURY RAP FT FRED DA GODSON (PROD BY DJSEMAJ FOR SSA)
9. CHINESE MARINES FT MOBB DEEP (PROD BY SCRAM JONES)
10. THIS SHIT HARD FT L.E.P BOGUS BOYS & DION PRIMO (PROD BY THE OLYMPICKS)
11. SOLDIER STORY FT JD ERA (PROD BY PRO LOGIC & MOSS)
12. MTV CRIBS FT BUSTA RHYMES (PROD VIN DA CHIN)
13. A FEW GOOD MEN FT VADO & TOMMY NOVA (PROD BY BLUEROCKS)
14. CHUPA CABRA FT CAPONE-N- NOREGA (PROD BY BT)
15. FACETIME INTRODUCING ALTRINA RENEE (PROD BY BLOCKSTARS & MANTIC)
16. GANGSTA CAZALS FT STYLES P & JD ERA & CAMOFLAUGE (PROD BY STATIK SELEKTA
17. BLACK DUST FT TOMMY NOVA & MEAN DOE GREEN (PROD BY THE FR3SHMEN)
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 08:06:06 AM by daigong »

Offline daigong

• Administrator
  • Member++
    • daigong
    • daigong
    • daigong
« Reply #1938 on: January 02, 2012, 08:07:31 AM »
lolwut Ray J and Fabulous beef XD

Offline daigong