JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - MORNING UNDERGROUND presents THE CHARMY SHOW

Author Topic: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread  (Read 335644 times)

Offline Llyloo

• Member+
Re: The General AKB48 Fanfic Discussion Thread
« Reply #500 on: October 12, 2013, 12:27:27 AM »
For me, hm, I write with pairing that I like and that I find will fit to the story. But there are pairing less... hm... popular that I love to write, like for exemple for Valentine's day I wrote a Sayacchu Fanfic ( because yeah, they're my OTP on NMB since always ).

I find it refreshing to read story with unpopular pairing or crack pairing, with that I can read news things because, how to say, with the common pairing we often read the "same kind moment". I don't know how to explain, but, because personality, two people have often the same type of interraction in each fanfic so a fic with crack pairing or just unpopular pairing could let you to see news type of interaction.

But yeah, usually ( and myself I tend to do that too ) most of people search about their favorites pairing and ignore unpopular or another pairing ><.

My english is very bad tonight XD sorry

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #501 on: October 14, 2013, 02:23:21 AM »
Random question of curiosity~~ :3

When you write, are you prone to putting your oshis into really bad positions, nearly killing them, killing them, or making their character very sad?

(oddly enough for me... Rena-san doesn't show up much in what I write besides my typically fluff oneshots)

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #502 on: October 14, 2013, 06:42:46 AM »
^ Funnily enough, I killed Yuka by making her committing suicide in Last Goodbye and breaking Yuuko's heart in Why do I have to fall for you?
Does that count? XD

It just happens naturally, I guess. I rarely create a fic involving my oshimen that much, though.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2013, 06:48:14 AM by Yuki88 »
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
« Reply #503 on: October 14, 2013, 09:38:38 AM »
When you write, are you prone to putting your oshis into really bad positions, nearly killing them, killing them, or making their character very sad?

Actually, no. I don't regret making her suffer. I actually made Mayu stab Acchan in the abdomen once and gets Acchan to be hated to the core a couple of times but I don't mind it. Except once... Where Yuko killed Atsuko's lover, Minami, right in front of her very eyes. Well, that was awfully regretful...
I usually don't get sad if Atsuko had to suffer in my fics because I know that she's Atsuko. I would never make her become sad without giving her a gift in the near future, which is a happy ending for her.
But if we're talking bout my other oshi's, then yes. I kinda don't like to make them sad or anything, dunno why. I'm used to dissing Acchan and making her suffer but to make Rena, Yuihan or Jurina suffer, is too much for me...

Offline maku

• A slow and lame writer. Please bear with me :)
« Reply #504 on: October 14, 2013, 09:43:07 AM »

It all depends on your genre. It also depends on the theme in which your character/s will be base.

And sometimes, it adds "drama" to the story

Offline leipyon

• Im a mix-blooded alien~! rawr! >:D
  • Member+
« Reply #505 on: October 15, 2013, 08:29:01 AM »
Lurking around then finds this question:

I just made one of my oshi died (Yuko) and leaving her lover (KojiHaru) behind in a One Shot I made. I actually felt a little bad at it.  :err: I don't know what comes into my mind when I create that story. Haha.. I guess reading a novel book by Nicholas Sparks has influence me.  :sweat:

So it's my first time killing a character XD
I'm sorry. I know. I'm a silent reader.  :barf:

---kind of BUSY---

Hi, Im new here. Nice to meet you :D

JPOP lover
-YUI
-AKB48 (oshi: Mayuyu, Yukirin, Sayaka Akimoto)
-SKE48 (oshi: wMatsui)
-SCANDAL
etc.
Anime lover
JDrama lover

Offline melon-lover

• Coconuts and Watermelons
  • ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #506 on: October 15, 2013, 05:37:34 PM »
Personally, I love the angst and drama genres so I generally write in those areas therefore I put my characters through quite a lot  :nervous
Not that I don't like fluffy endings, especially with my beloved members, but you know what they say; no pain, no gain  :P

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #507 on: October 17, 2013, 12:09:54 AM »

Oho~ I sense this pertains to me well, LOL.

Let's just say I like to specialize in the angst zone of the fiction world. Though I do occasionally write fluff and other genre that doesn't make a reader break their heart, I, well... like the emotional aspect of it. I try not to, but what can I say? It's usually for the effect of the story. I like the effect of angst pulling out a strong, sad emotion and actually impacting even a little bit of the readers with the plot. :)

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Mina

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #508 on: October 18, 2013, 01:57:23 AM »
I am having difficulties, if somebody helps me I thank. 
I am new in the forum. 
When I am reading a fanfictions, some parts say, to go in the session pervy but when I click of the the following sentence. 
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. 
I already made login and everything but he/she doesn't enter.    :cry:
Somebody helps me please.  :bow:

Offline Ambenya

• Eripon is my #1 Idol!
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • TakaYuu and Suberizu are love!
« Reply #509 on: October 18, 2013, 05:22:14 AM »
I am having difficulties, if somebody helps me I thank. 
I am new in the forum. 
When I am reading a fanfictions, some parts say, to go in the session pervy but when I click of the the following sentence. 
The topic or board you are looking for appears to be either missing or off limits to you. 
I already made login and everything but he/she doesn't enter.    :cry:
Somebody helps me please.  :bow:

You have to request access to the perv section once you make 20 post on this forum and you have to be at least 18 years old to get in.
I hope my response helped you. :)

Set by Mei.ka~ on Hello Online
My AKB Oneshots Thread
My H!P Oneshots Thread
Love Can Be A Complicated Feeling (TakaYuu + Multiple Pairings)
Love's Handler (WMatsui, MaYuki, TakaYuu)
H!P Pairings I like: Suberies, MaaDuu, KarinTomo, TakaGaki, IshiYoshi, MomoChii, FukuAkari, YajiSuzu, TakeTamu, NatsuMomo, IikuDawa, TanaKame, KameShige, TanaShige, GakiPon, SayaSuzu, SakuSuzu, PinPon

AKB Pairings I like: TakaYuu, WMatsui, SayaCchu, YuiParu, AtsuHaru, TanoHira, MaYuki, MariHaru, TomoTomo, SaeYaka, AtsuYuu, AtsuMii, SayaMilky, KumiNon, FuruYanagi, MioMeru, SasshiLove, SakurAnna, ChiHaru

~All time favorite H!P member: Eripon~MM: Eripon, Maa-chan, Sakura, Chel, Ayumin, Yokoyan~Angerme: Murotan, Funakki, Rikako, Kawamuu, Kamiko, ~J=J: Sayubee, Ruu-chan, Yanamin~CG: Yamakki, Funakki~KF: Hama-chan, MinaMina~TF: Risamaru, Anmi, OnoMizu, Kisora~Kenshuusei: Yuhane, Kirara, Eguchin, Nanacchi, Okamura~Hokkaido Kenshuusei: Minorin, Mei, Yume~

~All time favorite AKB48 member: Yuko~AKB: Naachan, Komiharu, Juri, Ikumin, Mogichan~SKE: Jurina, Marika, Amichan, Dasu, Ranran~NMB: Rinacchi, Yamarina, Renapyon, Jo, Moka~HKT: Boss, Sakura, Mikurin, Nako, Madoka~NGT: Gatanee, Mocchan, Hinatan, Ayanyan, Rikachan~STU: Naachan, Cuca, Miyumiyu, Arichan, Ayumin~

Offline Yuki88

• The Nocturnal Black Snow
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • "Do you love me?"
« Reply #510 on: October 21, 2013, 05:16:31 PM »
This has been lingering in my mind for a while...

For the writers here, I would like to know the reasoning when you start a fic and choose the characters. Do you start it with a plain draft that doesn't involve any girl or you already have anyone in mind and adjust the script accordingly?

I hope I make sense with the question lol.
Anai Chihiro is my one and only.

"Are we nothing more than the captain and her vice captain?"

My random OS Idea Center || Hakata Legend (HKT48 drabble fics) || Virgin Love (A TomoYuki Fluff) -hiatus?-

Tumblr version of my fics archive: http://blacksnow88.tumblr.com/

Offline imteedee

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #511 on: October 21, 2013, 05:31:51 PM »

For the writers here, I would like to know the reasoning when you start a fic and choose the characters. Do you start it with a plain draft that doesn't involve any girl or you already have anyone in mind and adjust the script accordingly?

For the reasoning starting a fic, it usually arises from 'boredom' itself which turns out mostly having these crazy thoughts and imaginations... and that brings us to your second question, Choosing characters, I do think it's quite natural to think of your OTP or oshis first hand, but may also come from such articles which some of us use as inspiration (photos.. vids, news etc.)

I do either, starting with a draft/involving a character first hand, it depends on the situation but usually I already have the pairing/characters in mind before starting it cause I find it a hassle 'adjusting' which I think also a 'no-no', like you might alter the whole stuff, but don't get me wrong...variation is good  :) I think I didn't make sense LOL but anyway, I hope it helped  :)
« Last Edit: October 21, 2013, 05:54:46 PM by imteedee »
my hat is off. saluting.

Offline kurumi

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #512 on: October 21, 2013, 06:36:32 PM »
@Yuki88:

As mentioned in my thread, I spent 4 months hunting for a JuriYuu story and was incredibly perplexed as to why no one had written one yet. So sometime in August, I thought to myself, "You know what? If nobody's gonna write one, I'll do it!" Occasionally, I do regret making that rash decision…

Therefore, in my case, I decided on the protagonists first, and am currently trying real hard to come up with a suitable script. However, when it comes to secondary characters, I find that I consider what type of personality I require, then just pick whichever girl I think fits the bill.

At least that was how I did it. I'm sure others probably approach things differently.

Offline LoyalFlutist

• clinical scientist
  • Member+
  • DRG @ Sargatanas (FFXIV)
    • animeminafans
« Reply #513 on: October 21, 2013, 06:57:20 PM »

It depends on the plot honestly for me. I usually think of the plot first before deciding who should be the main character(s) and supporting casts for it. :) I don't really have much to say, but it's hard for me to just think of let's say "Mayu" and have a plot blow up before my face. A story comes first before the characters. :sweatdrop:

"You'll come to treasure these scars."

HIATUS: The Virus | How Far Are You Prepared To Go? | Sanity | Hidden Truth | Disappearance (Season 2) *Tumblr-only* | Vengeance
ACTIVE: Majisuka Gakuen OS | OS | Idol Royale
REMAKE: Disappearance S1 | Wandering Ship | Hidden Truth
COLLABORATIONS: Phantom Pain w/Llyloo

Twitter: https://twitter.com/animeminafans | AO3: https://archiveofourown.org/users/KazueEmiko/pseuds/KazueEmiko | Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZAfq3QtEwA

Zine Projects: Our Future Days (The Last of Us) [Pre-order TBA] | IDOLIZED! (Love Live!) [Pre-order - Digital] | Eizineken! (Eizouken Ni Wa) [Packaging] | Tales from the Animal Forest (Animal Crossing) [Pre-order TBA] | Amor Fati (Fate/Grand Order) [Creation Period]

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #514 on: October 21, 2013, 11:12:48 PM »
Yuki88:

When I first start a fic, it's usually just because I have a flash of inspiration at that moment. Whether or not I manage to go past the first sentence or even decide to post it is another question since I'm a slow person and a lazy writer. When it comes to choosing the characters, it's kind of like who suits this role the most and blah blah blah. Like if the main character is someone responsible, Takamina or a leader-type. Or if it's a negative, scheming person, I'd choose Mayu(Nezumi-chara~) Sometimes I do stupid things and choose people I don't really know though...

I end up just going along and write whatever. Typically, the prologue doesn't involve the names of any girl, so I sometimes just adjust accordingly(I never actually write much more before I post it if I ever post it.) I'm lazy though, so I usually just go with someone in mind, but let it so I can change it up. If you're talking about the body of the story, I just go along and name people since I don't do much editing besides fixing a few words to make it sound cooler(even if it doesn't sound cool) or adding a sentence or two.

Offline AshuraX

• AtsuYuu Kingdom's
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • Every Sathday is AtsuYuu day!
« Reply #515 on: October 22, 2013, 01:20:22 PM »

Well, when I start a fic, it's probably because I have this weird 'thing' in my head that says that I want to make this sort of character or that sort of theme. So usually I would already have said characters inside my head, and try to make anything that could fit the character in it. Such as surprises, suspense or such. But there are such times when I had to choose the characters that fit the most in the story. One thing I do first is think if Acchan fits as the main role. If so, then I'll choose anyone that could fit the supporting roles that are close to the said girl.

Well, unless an OS. Coz an OS doesn't follow much, I would have already have the characters in my mind. And I'll pass the time by thinking if I should add supporting roles or such. Like Sayaka that would help Sae woo the hearts of the girls if it's SaeYuki, or Acchan that will scheme and set up everything for our lovely Tomochin if it's WTomo.

Offline Mina

• ecchi
  • Member+
« Reply #516 on: October 27, 2013, 02:52:25 AM »
Excuse this inconveniencing, they will banish me even of the site. 
But what had with the fanfiction: 
"Messy Man - Aggressive Woman." 
Did they delete, because?   :cry:  :cry:
How do I do, to read, or to enter in contact with the writer? 
Help me, please.  :bow:

Offline Shinoki

• REVOLUTION
  • Member+
  • MONA
« Reply #517 on: October 27, 2013, 03:11:20 AM »
Mina-san:

banishing?? <- confusion... but I'll go ahead and give you the info I do know

I think that it's gone because the author-san deleted basically everything of his.
Since I'm not a reader of that fic, I'm not too sure
but i think i saw something saying that she/he is taking it down and it's probably going to be impossible to find it anywhere
(think he/she might be leaving this place for a bit...? i don't know.)
Basically all her fics have been deleted though?

Offline Sieka

• YukiRena, SayaMilky & AnniNaga Banzai ( ・ω ・ )
  • ecchi
  • Member+
  • ~All hail Gekikara, Milky & Annin~
« Reply #518 on: October 27, 2013, 10:53:56 AM »
Been out for so long. About that fanfic, I do think that it was deleted because I've read multiple announcements from that author's fanfic threads that she's taking them down, but I can't be for certain. Try asking other people for a 100% verification in that.

Anyhow, I shall partake in the answering of questions, if you don't mind.

Is a fic with correct grammar more interesting to read than a fic with incorrect grammar?

Yes, I wouldn't lie, so yes. Why do I think so? Because its easy to read something that's grammatically correct, you get to read smoothly without stopping to analyze and figure out what the sentence means because the placements of words can reflect a different meaning from what it really is that is being conveyed. I do still read stories with little bits of misses, I don't mind those, but too much grammar errors can be a bit of a turn off to me. I am aware that the brain does correct the words as you read and that even if you jumble up the letters in a word as long as the first letter and the last is intact, the brain would convey the correct spelling, a little miss on the grammar is no biggie because its easy for the brain to correct, but too much and so much in a story is far too tiring to try to read, much less comprehend without taking a few minutes off to...well, figure things out.

That's my opinion btw, don't take offense in it, I'm just used to read stories that are already grammatically correct.

What genre do you find it easier to write in?

Angst. Drama. Romance. I don't really need to expand since I'd be a broken tape saying the same stuff again and again.

Is it easier for you to write a non-pairing or OTP/any-pairing fic?

I write easily with OTP pairings because I can picture and see how the story flows that I don't even need to write it down since I can remember the plans vividly, just that it becomes a little different when I write them because I tend to like to add some few details here and there that it strays a bit from the actual idea, but not really straying too much that it isn't the same as what I intended... I do can write for non-OTP, but it takes longer and it takes more planning, drafts, scratches...planning and more planning....some inspiration and visuals...just interpret it as me having a hard time, I don't mind.

What do you think on unpopular pairing? and to further extend, crack pairing.

I'm particularly fine with them. Honestly, I find crack pairings interesting and entertaining. Unpopular pairings are okay too because it helps me have a little bit of diversion from the usual mainstream pairings. It is refreshing, mind you, almost all the fanfics here are about mainstream popular pairings so seeing a new pairing is always a bonus.

I was technically a writer here, before, so I'm gonna answer this too.

I don't really like putting my ideas to draft, unless I'm really having a hard time, so most of my plots are in mind. Its much more easier to plan on without having to write it in paper or in the notepad, besides that, I sometimes tend to forget whenever I read the texts on what I put. I'm much more good at planning and putting it in my mind then adjust everything when I'm writing it. When I finish writing the whole thing, I reread it and re-edit and re-add things. If I see something that doesn't fit, I tweak it or erase it and put more/less in the story to make it flow smoothly. I don't like doing drafts when I write, I write it on the spot, in full description, I don't do scripts then add descriptions afterwards, it lessens the effectiveness for me if I don't put the details while I write. I am a forgetful person if I don't put my ideas on paper afterall, but I easily remember them upon seeing a keyword or listening to music...so, not much of a bad thing for me.

For reasoning....I just want to contribute. I also would like to write about the pairings I like and I want to see my ideas in text. See how the story flows and share it to other people who likes the same pairings as me.
[ Author Profile | Tumblr ]
~I also ship NMB48's SayaMilky~
~From MG3, I wave the AnniNaga shipping flag~
~Shipping hard BlackGeki, and the princess pairing, YukiRena~

Fanfics:
[ Divine Intervention || The Beauty of Love || Sieka's Collections ]
[ This Distance Between Us || (Collab) Let Love Bleed Red ]
[ Memories of the Heart ]

Status: Semi-hiatus, Semi-I-don't-know-if-want-to-come-back-now

Offline Seigus

• Team Oshiri ω
  • Global Moderator
  • Member+
« Reply #519 on: October 27, 2013, 11:16:03 AM »
But what had with the fanfiction: 
"Messy Man - Aggressive Woman." 
Did they delete, because?   :cry:  :cry:
How do I do, to read, or to enter in contact with the writer? 

The writer's account and fanfic threads have been deleted at the writer's request, so there is no way you can contact said writer in JPH!P.

JPHiP Radio (17/200 @ 128 kbs)     Now playing: Ishikawa Rika - MORNING UNDERGROUND presents THE CHARMY SHOW